Potash ores are the materials employed in manufacture of certain fertilizers, potash, and different chemicals. Its composition include sylvite (KCl) & halite (NaCl) as well as presence of carnalite, anhydrite, silicate, and carbonate (insoluble residue). The chemical processing of potash ore involves hot leaching, followed by crystallization of potash salt from saturated salt brines. This method is dependent upon physiochemical properties of potassium chloride, sodium chloride, & water, and used for manufacturing potassium compounds in granular and white crystalline form. The mechanical processing method for potash ore is floatation, which is dependent upon the capacities of sylvite and halite surfaces that are moistened with water via adding specific chemicals such as surfactants.
The growth global potash ores market is driven by the development of fertilizer industry, as potash is an important fertilizer meant for crop and plant nutrition. In addition, potash ores are useful during waste water treatment, which supplements the market growth. However, fluctuation in potassium chloride prices hampers the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities on potash as bio-fertilizers are anticipated to provide growth opportunities for the market.
The report segments the potash ores market on the basis of mineral extracted, application, and geography. Based on mineral extracted, the market is divided into potassium chloride, sodium chloride, and others. By application, the market is categorized into agriculture, chemical, metallurgical, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are:
- Agrium Inc.
- BHP Billiton Ltd.
- Elementals Minerals Limited
- Encanto Potash Corp.
- Intrepid Potash
- K+S GmbH
- Mining Associates
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics of the global potash ores market.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Detailed analysis of the industry based on the mineral extracted and application help understand the potential application in the analysis period.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplierbuyer network.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring of top players within the market framework.
Potash Ores Market Key Segments:
By Mineral Extracted
- Potassium Chloride
- Sodium Chloride
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA