Potassium gluconate is a mineral class drug that is specifically used to treat hypokalemia (a state in which potassium deficiency occurs in the blood stream). Potassium gluconate helps with the appropriate functioning of cells, kidney, heart, muscles, and nerves. Low potassium levels include weakness, fatigue, or weakening of reflexes; in this condition, the patient is treated with potassium gluconate drugs.
Factors such as increase in geriatric population, incidence of chronic diseases such as kidney failure, edema & urinary tract infections, and rising awareness related to health fuel the growth of the market. However, stringent regulations for new pharmaceutical products hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities are anticipated to present new growth opportunities.
This market is segmented on the basis of dosage forms, end-user, and region. By dosage forms, the market is bifurcated into oral and parenteral. By end-user the market is categorized into hospitals, clinics, and others. By region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the potassium gluconate market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Potassium Gluconate Market Key Segments:
By Dosage Forms
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Novartis AG
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- AstraZeneca plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Vectura Group plc
- Pfizer Inc.