Potassium Permanganate Market Analysis 2020-2027
Potassium permanganate is a common chemical compound that combines manganese oxide ore with potassium hydroxide. This compound is widely used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including fungal infections impetigo, pemphigus, superficial wounds, and tropical ulcers. In addition, it is used to remove iron and hydrogen sulfide from well water, and it is extensively utilized in water treatment plant. Moreover, it finds its application in metal processing, air purification, gas purification, fish farming, and fumigation. In addition, it is used in food preservation and wastewater treatment processes.
COVID-19 impact analysis
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a positive impact on the growth of the global potassium permanganate market. This is attributed to rise in the rate of pharmaceutical activities. Potassium permanganate is vital as a medication for treating fungal infections. Moreover, increase in use of potassium permanganate in municipal water treatment, chemical manufacturing & process industry, and treatment of diseases in aquatic animals has boosted the market growth during the global crisis. However, owing to the lockdown implemented across various countries, national and international transport have been hampered, which has significantly impacted the supply chain of numerous industries across the globe, thereby increasing the supply–demand gap. Thus, insufficiency of raw materials is actuated to hamper the production rate of potassium permanganate.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis:
Increase in demand for potassium permanganate in the food processing industry is the major driving factor of the global market. The manufacturing of many chemicals in pharmaceutical industry requires potassium permanganate in large quantities, thus boosting its demand, globally. Moreover, potassium permanganate is used in the treatment of many skin diseases in the healthcare segment. In addition, it serves as an ideal compound in the water treatment processes. However, side effects associated with potassium permanganate such as its high toxicity level can cause irritating to skin and eyes, and in case of overdosing, it may lead to chemical jaundice, thus hampering the market growth.
The global potassium permanganate trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
New products that exhibit improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. For instance, Universal Chemicals & Industries Pvt. Ltd. developed potassium permanganate that has enhanced physical and chemical properties and can be used in water treatment. In addition, manufacturers have taken necessary steps to improve the accuracy of new products and overall functionality. Furthermore, market players are seeking opportunities to expand their range of potassium permanganate products in different segments. In addition, partnerships, acquisitions, and agreements are the key developmental strategies adopted by these players to strengthen their foothold in the competitive market.
Surge in usage in healthcare and industrial applications
Manufacturers have been focusing on producing new products for specific applications as there are varying demands based on the utilization. Potassium permanganate is used in many applications such as water treatment, chemical manufacturing, air & gas purification, and aqua cultural. Moreover, it exhibits antimicrobial property, thus, it can be used in manufacturing of pesticides. In addition, it can be used in home purposes such as cleaners, air fresheners, and laundry products.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global potassium permanganate industry along with the current trends and market estimation to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report represents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the potassium permanganate market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
- This report helps users in comprehending the key product segments and their future.
Questions answered in the global potassium permanganate market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global potassium permanganate market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What should be the response of the market players amid the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is the outlook of the industry?
- What are the emerging key segments in the potassium permanganate market?
- What are the major changes and assessments in market dynamics?
Potassium Permanganate Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Seildier Chemicals, Magnesia Chemicals LLP, Taj Pharmaceuticals, Organic Group, Continental Chemicals, Carus Chemical, Libox Chem, Chongqing Changyuan Group Limited, Chemicals Indian Company, Ken Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Universal Chemicals & Industries Pvt. Ltd.