Power Over Ethernet (Poe) Lighting Market Research, 2032
The global power over ethernet (POE) lighting market was valued at $0.7 billion in 2022, and is projected to reach $11.3 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 31.6% from 2023 to 2032.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) lighting is a technology that allows the transmission of both power and data over Ethernet cables. With PoE lighting, electrical power is delivered to lighting fixtures through standard Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for separate power cables. This technology leverages the existing network infrastructure to provide power to lighting devices, such as LED luminaires or bulbs, while also enabling data communication between the lighting fixtures and control systems.
The key component of PoE lighting is the Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE), which injects power onto the Ethernet cable. The Powered Devices (PD), such as lighting fixtures or sensors, receive the power and operate without requiring a dedicated electrical connection. The power delivery is typically governed by industry standards, such as IEEE 802.3af or IEEE 802.3at, which define the maximum power levels and protocols for PoE systems.
PoE lighting offers several advantages over traditional lighting systems. It simplifies the installation process by eliminating the need for separate electrical wiring, reducing complexity and costs. In addition, PoE lighting allows for centralized control and monitoring, enabling advanced lighting management and automation features. It also provides flexibility for reconfiguration and scalability as lighting needs change, making it suitable for dynamic environments. Moreover, PoE lighting systems can integrate with other smart building technologies, such as occupancy sensors and building management systems, facilitating comprehensive control and energy optimization.
The power over ethernet (Poe) lighting industry is expected to witness notable growth during the forecast period owing to increase in global connectivity demand, and government initiatives and investments. Moreover, increase in demand for intelligent workplaces in developing countries is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunities for the growth of the power over ethernet lighting market during the forecast period. On the contrary, high initial costs of power over ethernet lighting equipment, accessories and services are the factors that limit the growth of the power over ethernet lighting market during the forecast period.
The power over ethernet (PoE) lighting market is segmented into 0ffering, wattage, and application.
On the basis of offering, the power over ethernet lighting market analysis is divided into hardware, software, and services. In 2022, the hardware segment dominated the market, in terms of revenue, and it is expected to acquire major market share till 2032.
On the basis of wattage, the power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market share is segregated into upto 25 Watt, and above 25 Watt. The above 25 Watt segment acquired the largest share in 2022 and is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2023 to 2032.
On the basis of application, the power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market size is segregated into commercial, residential, and industrial. The industrial segment acquired the largest share in 2022 and the commercial segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR from 2023 to 2032.
Region-wise, the power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market growth is analyzed across North America (the U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Competitive analysis and profiles of the major global power over ethernet lighting market players that have been provided in the report include ALLNet GmbH, Axis Lighting, CISCO SYSTEMS, H.E. Williams, Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. Kg (Waldmann Lighting), Hubbell Inc., Molex (Koch Industries), Signify Holding (Philips Lighting), Ubiquiti Networks Inc., and Wipro Lighting. The key strategies adopted by the major players of the power over ethernet lighting market are product launch and collaboration.
Country-wise, the U.S. acquired a prime share in the power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market forecast in the North American region and Canada is expected to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period of 2023-2032.
In Europe, Rest of Europe, dominated the power over ethernet lighting market share, in terms of revenue, in 2022 and is expected to follow the same trend during the forecast period. However, the France and Germany are expected to emerge as the fastest-growing country in Europe's power over ethernet lighting equipment and accessories with a significant CAGR during the forecast period of 2023-2032.
In Asia-Pacific, China, is expected to emerge as a significant market for the power over ethernet lighting market industry, owing to a significant rise in investment by prime players due to the rise in investment in the use of the internet of Things (IoT) and connectivity for small, medium and large manufacturers in rural and urban in the region.
By LAMEA, the Middle East garnered a significant market share in 2022. The LAMEA power over the ethernet lighting market has been witnessing improvement, owing to the growing inclination of companies toward connecting the region with developed companies to provide better internet connectivity across this region. Moreover, the Middle East region is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 30.58% from 2023 to 2032.
Historical Data & Information
The power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market outlook is highly competitive, owing to the strong presence of existing vendors. Vendors of the power over ethernet lighting market with extensive technical and financial resources are expected to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors because they can cater to market demands. The competitive environment in the market is expected to worsen as technological innovations, product extensions, and different strategies adopted by key vendors increase.
Key Developments/ Strategies
ALLNet GmbH, Axis Lighting, CISCO SYSTEMS, H.E. Williams, Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. Kg (Waldmann Lighting), Hubbell Inc., Molex (Koch Industries), Signify Holding (Philips Lighting), Ubiquiti Networks Inc., and Wipro Lighting are the top companies holding a prime share in the submarine cables industry. Top market players have adopted various strategies, such as product launches, and collaboration to expand their foothold in the power over ethernet lighting market opportunity.
- In February 2023, Cisco announced the launch of Cisco Catalyst 9200CX, which is compact with HVDC, Cisco UPOE, And mGig. This device supports up to 60W PoE options.
- In October 2021, Hubbell Incorporated announced a definitive agreement to sell its commercial and industrial Lighting business to GE Current, a Daintree company, for a cash purchase price of $350 million. The business designs, manufactures, and sells LED lighting and control solutions for commercial and industrial customers.
- In February 2021, Molex launched Molex vision center which showcased integrated digital technologies, including a range of high-performance building materials, fixtures and finishes and the Molex CoreSync smart building platform.
- In June 2021, Wipro Lighting, partnered with Enlighted, the leading provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for commercial buildings to deliver smarter workplaces. Wipro Lighting and Enlighted announced to integration of their solutions and technologies to create smarter buildings across multiple customer segments.
- In December 2022, Waldmann developed the smart floor lamp YARA luminaire. The configurable office luminaire in white, black, or silver provides optimum light, is controlled according to presence and daylight, and offers the best possible light quality with the option for biodynamic light (VTL).
- In November 2022, Waldmann upgraded LUCIO luminaire with a comfortable two-arm frame. LUCIO spreads good light and good mood wherever it is needed. In the office, The LUCIO table light is as flexible as modern working environments require.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the power over ethernet (POE) lighting market analysis from 2022 to 2032 to identify the prevailing power over ethernet (POE) lighting market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the power over ethernet (POE) lighting market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global power over ethernet (POE) lighting market trends, power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market opportunity, power over ethernet (Poe) lighting market demand, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Power Over Ethernet (Poe) Lighting Market Report Highlights
Market Size By 2032
USD 11.3 billion
CAGR of 31.6%
2022 - 2032
Key Market Players
Cisco Systems, Inc., Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. KG, Molex LLC., Hubbell.Inc, Philips Lighting (Signify Holding), H.E. Williams Inc., ALLNet GmbH, Ubiquiti Networks Inc., Axis Lighting, Wipro Lighting
There is a growing demand for energy-efficient and sustainable lighting solutions in various sectors. Businesses and organizations are seeking ways to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprint with increasing environmental concerns and regulations. PoE lighting offers a compelling solution, as it provides advanced control and automation features that optimize energy usage and enable efficient lighting management.
The adoption of smart building technologies and the Internet of Things (IoT) is driving the demand for PoE lighting. The PoE lighting systems can seamlessly integrate with other smart devices and building management systems, enabling centralized control and data sharing. This integration allows for enhanced automation, monitoring, and analytics capabilities, leading to improved operational efficiency and cost savings.
PoE lighting systems offer features such as tunable white lighting, which can mimic natural daylight and positively impact employee productivity, focus, and well-being. PoE lighting is expected to play a significant role in enhancing occupant comfort and satisfaction with the growing emphasis on creating optimal work environments.
In healthcare facilities, PoE lighting can contribute to patient well-being by providing precise lighting control and integration with healthcare systems. In the hospitality industry, PoE lighting offers customizable lighting experiences, allowing hotels and resorts to create unique ambiance and guest comfort.
Wider adoption and market penetration will occur when the technology evolves and becomes more affordable. In addition, advancements in PoE standards, such as the emergence of higher power delivery standards like PoE++ (802.3bt), open doors for new applications and expand the market potential.