Power press is a multi-purpose device that is used to cut, shape, press, and combine metal sheets into various shapes and dimensions. Previously, shapes were physically applied to the metal sheet with significant force and effort. Power press machines changed the procedure by adding precision and energy to the process. Power press machines operate on the concept of providing the needed force to improve the size and form of metal sheets. The main components of a power press machine are clutch, bed, flywheel, ram, and crankshaft. The metal parts are placed between the upper and lower molds attached to the ram, and the operation begins when the work pieces are placed. Due to the rotational movement of the flywheel, the upper and lower dies work together to perform press forming.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
The power press machines are segmented on the basis of type, which include bending roller, pillar type, hydraulic power press, and C type power press. These machines reduce the amount of time spent on shaping and pressing metal. Power press machines are built in such a way that metal sheets do not need to be rearranged every time they are used. Power press machines provide high productivity, precision, ease of operation, and minimal waste of raw materials, as well as the ability to form sheet metal into complicated forms. The C type power press machines are designed to provide direct support to frame. This frame is stress-free and does not have any welds at the load-bearing points. Thus, the accuracy of C type machines is never disturbed.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the power press machines industry, which is attributed to the global lockdown. This has hampered the growth of power press machines market from the last few months and is likely to continue through 2022.
- COVID-19 affected the sales of power press machines in the first quarter of 2022 and is anticipated to have a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for power press machines was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and South America, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand for press machines.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on their cash reserves. Power press machines manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce their expenses. On the contrary, few players adopted employee lay-offs to sustain themselves during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Power press machines manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond to immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distance, and ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in demand of machines in manufacturing industries and mechanical industries for various applications such as trimming, straightening, shaping, pressing, and cutting of metal sheet acts as a driving force for the power press machines growth. These machines are primarily used in automotive, electronic, metal, and mechanical. Power press machines are used to mold and cut various automotive parts in the automation industry, which is a major driver of the power press machine market.
Similarly, rise in demand for power press machines in food & beverages sector is propelling the market growth. Food & beverage production sector uses power press machines to make packaging shells for product storage. In addition, press manufacturers focus on continuous product development and introduction of new and sophisticated technologies.
- In June 2019, Erie Press Systems merged with Ajax Ceco to increase its manufacturing and production of press machines in North America. This merger boosts the manufacturing of press equipment more effectively and offers a variety of press machines.
- In August 2021, Amada launched an air-cut mild steel power press machine. This new machine has a laser beam that can process mild steel up to 12 mm and aluminum up to 15 mm.
- In January 2021, Komatsu expanded its business by opening a new manufacturing and production center in the U.S. This facility is responsible for the production of construction equipment and pressing machines.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the power press machines industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future investment pockets.
- The report presents detailed information related to key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market share of power press machines.
- A quantitative analysis highlights the power press machines growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed power press machines analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Power Press Machines Market Report Highlights
By End-user Industry
Key Market Players
ABB Ltd., Rockwell Automation, Bosch Rexroth AG, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Yaskawa Electric Corporation, Delta Electronics, Inc., Fanuc Corporation, Schneider Electric SE, Kuka AG, Siemens AG