Powered wheelchairs are complex equipment designed to propel via an electrical motor. They are also known as motorized wheelchair, electric wheelchair, or electric-powered wheelchair, and are used by people unable to use manual wheelchairs and disable person with conditions such as tetraplegia, impairment, cardiovascular diseases, and others. Some of the powered wheelchairs are featured with the multiple functionalities such as operating smart appliances in house, automatic folding of wheelchair, chair climbing facility, car transfer system, and others; that assist the people for their effective daily workflow.
Increase in diseases and disorders such as tetraplegia, impairment, spinal cord injuries, and others that causes inability to walk, majorly drives the market growth. In addition, rise in geriatric patients that are susceptible to walking disabilities, increase in obesity and cardiovascular diseases, and improvement in hospital facility for in-hospital patient treatment drive the powered wheelchair market. In addition, growth in technological advancements, favorable reimbursement policies, and increase in investments in healthcare infrastructure by the government and private sector is anticipated to fuel the market growth in the developed and developing countries. However, some wheelchairs are too large and heavy for certain wheelchair spaces and lifts that constrains the ability of the user to self-propel, which is anticipated to hinder the market growth. Ongoing, R&D on powered wheelchair is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of type, drive wheel location, application, and region. Based on type, the market is categorized into electric indoor chair, electric outdoor chair, electrically powered indoor/outdoor chair, and dual-purpose chair. Based on drive wheel location, the market is classified into rear-wheel drive, front-wheel drive, and mid-wheel drive. Based on application, the market is divided into pavement use, used on roads, home use, hospital use, and others. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders capitalize on prevailing market opportunities from 20172023 in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments help understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Powered Wheelchair Market Key Segments:
- Electric Indoor Chair (User Controlled)
- Electric Outdoor Chair (Attendant Controlled)
- Electrically Powered Indoor/Outdoor Chair (User Controlled)
- Dual Purpose Chair (User Controlled Indoors, Attendant Controlled Outdoors)
By Drive Wheel Location
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Front-Wheel Drive
- Mid-Wheel Drive
- Pavement Use
- Used on Roads
- Home Use
- Hospital Use
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Drive Medical Ltd.
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Invacare Corporation.
- Karman Healthcare
- LEVO AG
- Medort S.A.
- OttoBock Healthcare GmbH
- Pride Mobility Products Corp
- Permobil AB
- Sunrise Medical Limited.