Precast Concrete Market Outlook - 2027
Precast concrete is an important component in the construction industry. In precast cement production process, reusable mold is used for casting of the concrete. This mold is then taken in a controlled environment so that it gets cured and then moved to the construction site for installation purpose. Precast concrete is used in mid-rise and low-rise buildings, nursing homes, and hotels. Precast concrete has properties, such as design flexibility and better dimensional accuracy, owing to which it is widely used in the construction industry. In addition, it is very effective in terms of fire resistance and also controls sound for individual unit.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for precast concrete is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as construction, owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- Coronavirus has affected the import and export of construction materials. China is the largest exporter of construction materials globally. Negative trends in the economy of China are anticipated to reduce the global import and export throughout the globe.
- Demand for new construction materials witnessed a massive negative shift since the coronavirus outbreak in December 2019, with manufacturers and investors anticipating an excessively receding economic growth.
- Travel prohibitions around the globe have affected the trade of construction materials. Thus, the supply and demand for construction materials are almost halted across the globe.
- Construction material manufacturing companies located in China are the major sufferers of from the outbreak, owing to lockdown and unavailability of logistics in the region.
- The major hindrance for the global construction materials market comes from the orders of home quarantine by respective governments, which led to the discontinuation of production of construction materials.
- Decreased consumer demand and consumption led to reduction and slow down of sales of construction materials over the globe over the course of the current economic year.
- Therefore, the precast concrete market is expected to be negatively affected in 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Precast concrete is widely used for the construction of office buildings. When on-site structure is under construction, walls of the building can be constructed. This helps to save time and building can be constructed in much less time. In addition, precast cement is very popular for construction of parking structure due to less time consumption. By using precast cement in the construction of parking, economical and efficient construction can be made, which allows the construction in different weather conditions. Open spaces and long-span buildings in parking structure are also provided by precast cement.
Precast cement can also be used in stadiums as well. Concrete steps and seating units in stadiums are manufactured by using mass production method according to the desired specifications. Dressing rooms used by sports players can also be framed with the help of precast concrete. Precast concrete provides fast installation for all these applications.
Moreover, the ability of precast structures to travel the long distance without having any defect makes it more useful for manufacturing structures. Other applications of precast concrete include deck and piles for different structures such as educational institutes, railway crossties, and bridges. It can also be used in public and commercial buildings such as airport terminals, libraries, hospitals, restaurants, and shopping malls. In addition, precast concrete is produced in controlled manufacturing conditions.
There are two types of precast concrete products available in the market, standard type and specialty type. Standard type products are railroad ties and beams, which can be used repeatedly. Specialty type is specifically designed for the construction of bridges and commercial & public buildings. Most of the companies in the precast concrete market own carpentry shops, where specialty precast concrete product forms are made.
There is rise in construction projects in different countries across the globe. Precast concrete has a wide range of applications, owing to which it is attracting many construction companies to use this concrete for the construction of buildings. Therefore, this could be the key driving factor for the growth of the precast concrete market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the precast concrete market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the precast concrete market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the precast concrete market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Precast Concrete Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End-User Industry
Key Market Players
Coreslab Structures (U.S.), Tindall Corporation (U.S.), Taiheiyo Cement (Tokyo), SKANSKA AB (Sweden), Larsen & Toubro Limited (India), Metromont Corporation (U.S.), Jensen Precast (U.S.), Coltman Precast Concrete Limited (U.K.), SMEET (Qatar), Molin Concrete Products Company, Inc. (U.S.), CRH (U.S.), Heidelberg Cement AG (Germany)