Precast components are fabricated offsite, transported at the project site, and installed on a prepared foundation. Under this technology, most of the structural components are manufactured at a location away from the site and then transported at the site for assembling. This technology is advantageous over the traditional construction practices as it requires less workforce which makes it much easier to manage as well as the risk factors are also reduced. The construction process becomes more organized and standardized and thus, accurate dimensions are obtained leading to better finishing. In addition, it is an eco-friendly technique that produces less wastage. The technology is safer and reduces construction time as well as cost of manufacturing. However, lack of information and awareness in buyers and developers has caused slow demand of prefabricated construction products.
The report segments the world precast/prefabricated construction market on the basis of product type, construction type, end-use, and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into floor, roofs, paving slabs, walls, staircase, columns & beams, girders, panels & lintels, and others. According to the construction type, the market is classified into modular construction, manufactured homes, and others. On the basis of end-use, the market is segmented into residential, non-residential, infrastructure, and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world. The high demand in the Asia-Pacific region is attributed to the rapid industrialization and urbanization in the developing countries such as China, India and Japan.
In 2015, KEF Infra in collaboration with Embassy Group completed the manufacturing of a commercial building in just 13.5 months that accounts for 50% time saving. The project Embassy 7B is first of its kind in Asia as it is a fully-offsite construction project. Another partnership project started between KEF Holdings and Manipal University to build a research and development center covering an area of about 28,000 square feet at the premises of Manipal University.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as ACS Actividades De Construccion Y Servicios, S.A, Balfour Beatty PLC, Bouygues Construction, Julius Berger Nigeria PLC., Kiewit Corporation, Komatsu Ltd., Laing O'rourke, Larsen & Toubro Limited, Red Sea Housing Services, and Taisei Corporation is also provided in this report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report gives detailed information on the precast/prefabrication technology and the respective market.
- The factors driving as well as restraining the market are also mentioned in the report along with their impact analysis.
- An insight on the ongoing projects and research & development in this field helps in understanding the upcoming growth opportunities.
- The report provides quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2022 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Market segmentation is done on the basis of product type, construction type, end-use and geography.
- Top winning strategies as well as company profiles of key market players are given in the report that will help in taking better strategic decisions.
PRECAST/PREFABRICATED CONSTRUCTION MARKET SEGMENTS:
By Product type
- Paving slabs
- Columns & Beams
- Panels & Lintels
By Construction type
- Modular construction
- Manufactured homes
- North America
- Middle East
- South Africa