Preclinical imaging market is expected to witness growth in upcoming years due to factors such as advancements made in technology of molecular imaging modalities and increase in acceptance for preclinical imaging as an authorized drug development tool.
Preclinical imaging is the diagnosis and visualization carried out in animals for research activities such as drug development. Imaging system is important for the researchers to observe changes in animals especially in organ, tissue or molecular level. Imaging modalities which are in-vivo and non-invasive are important for studying animal models. Methods such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), CT (Computed Tomography, and high frequency micro ultrasound are also used in anatomical imaging. At the time of optical imaging (fluorescence and bio-luminescence), positron emission photography (PET) and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) are very important for molecular visualizations. Preclinical imaging is useful in observing the treatment reaction for early signs of effectiveness.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
To take care of infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Considering these factors, COVID -19 is expected to have significant impact on the preclinical imaging market.
Top Impacting factors:
- Factors such as advancements made in technology and rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular and neurological disorders are expected to drive the market growth globally.
- Increasing demand for non- invasive imaging methods and rise in funding by the government is expected to boost the market growth.
- However, factors such as high price associated with the imaging devices and limited number of applications in each modality is expected to hinder the growth for preclinical imaging market up to some extent over the forecast period.
- Stringent rules and regulations for governing pre -clinical research & technological and procedural restrictions will hamper the market growth to some extent.
New Product Launch / News:
- In June 2020, First National Preclinical Imaging Centre was established in Ireland to enhance medical research. This National Preclinical Imaging Centre (NPIC) which will provide enhanced research data to inform new clinical trials that aim to improve patient outcomes, was allocated funding of USD 3.8 million under the Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) Research Infrastructure Programme.
- In 2020, Sartorius launched the new Incucyte SX5 Live-Cell Analysis System with new capabilities, including novel optics, a new line of paired reagents, and purpose-built software to help enable researchers to gain greater insight from live cell experiments
- In 2019, Bruker, announced the launch of the Luxendo TruLive 3D Imager light-sheet imaging system. The new system features dual-sided illumination and highly efficient light collection for fast imaging of a broad range of biological samples in their native 3D environments.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the preclinical imaging market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the preclinical imaging market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed preclinical imaging market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Preclinical Imaging Market Report:
- What are the leading market players active in Preclinical Imaging Market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What Segments and region will drive the preclinical imaging market growth & why?
Preclinical Imaging Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Mediso Ltd, Naviscan., LI-COR Biosciences, PerkinElmer, MILabs B.V, MR Solutions, Miltenyi Biotech GmbH, Agilent Technologies, Hitachi Medical, Aspect Imaging, TriFoil Imaging, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Berthold Technologies, Bruker Corporation