Predisposition biomarkers are signs of an organism's natural traits that make it more vulnerable to the effects of chemical exposure. Biomarkers associated with an increased or decreased risk of acquiring a disease or medical condition are known as predisposition biomarkers. It is genetic biomarkers that show whether or not a person is more likely to get cancer later in life.
Predisposition biomarkers may be detected many years before the appearance of clinical signs and symptoms. Predisposition biomarkers, such as the BRCA1/2 mutation, are used to assess the risk of developing breast and ovarian malignancies and to determine whether nutritional, lifestyle or other preventive measures are necessary.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant influence on the world economy at different levels, including the healthcare industry. Acute shortages in raw materials, lack of potential workforce, and surge in the health care R&D is likely to see a severe drop in sales during the lockdown period. Production and supply chain activities have faced slight setbacks as a result of the pandemic as can be determined from the current scenario. However, following COVID-19, the market is expected to gradually recover, presenting excellent sales prospects in many parts of the world during the forecast period.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in the prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases and the need for personalized medicine is expected to drive the predisposition biomarkers market during the forecast period.
- In addition, usage of biomarkers by large-scale pharmaceutical manufacturing companies to overcome increase in failure rates for drugs in clinical trial phase II and III, and surge in drug development costs fuel the growth of the global predisposition biomarkers market.
- The use of biomarkers, significantly reduces the healthcare expenditure, as it monitors the health beforehand, which is estimated to boost its demand throughout the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the introduction of novel and advanced technologies, such as digital biomarkers, and escalating adoption of personalized medicines is projected to boost the market growth.
- However, the lack of efficient healthcare facilities in developing nations is expected to operate as a key restraint to the growth of the market during the forecast period.
New product launches to flourish the market
In May 2019, QIAGEN launched Therascreen PIK3CA RGQ PCR Kit, to identify detect breast cancer patients who are eligible for treatment through PIQRAY - a first and only approved treatment for PIK3CA mutation in breast cancer. Additionally, the test kit is the first FDA approved assay which uses plasma specimen as a liquid biopsy to guide treatment decisions in breast cancer.
November 2019 - Biocept launched a liquid biopsy test to detect Target Selector pan-TRK assay to detect TRK proteins. With the test, biomarkers present in the blood sample can help identify the potential presence of NTRK fusions actionable biomarkers that can be used to qualify patients for treatment with TRK inhibitor therapies.
November 2018 - Biocartis Group NV entered into an agreement with the AstraZeneca with an aim to obtain faster lung cancer diagnosis results with biomarker across Europe. A prospective lung cancer study with the Idylla EGFR Mutation Test (CE-IVD) will be conducted in selected European countries such as France, Italy, Belgium, and Germany.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Predisposition Biomarkers along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Predisposition Biomarkers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Predisposition Biomarkers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Predisposition Biomarkers market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Predisposition Biomarkers Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Predisposition Biomarkers market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Predisposition Biomarkers "?
- What is "Predisposition Biomarkers " Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Predisposition Biomarkers " Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Predisposition Biomarkers " Market report?
Predisposition Biomarkers Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Epigenomics AG, Myriad Genetics, QIAGEN GmbH, Biomarker Technologies, Inc., BioRad Laboratories, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Almac Group, Danaher Corporation, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, Thermo Fisher Scientific