Prefilled Syringes Market Overview:
Global Prefilled Syringes Market was valued at $3,567 million in 2016, and is estimated to reach $7,212 million by 2023, registering a CAGR of 10.5% from 2017 to 2023. A “prefilled syringe” is a syringe filled with a fixed quantity of a therapeutic drug. These are novel devices used for delivering drugs with improved accuracy, affordability, efficacy, convenience, sterility, safety, and accessibility. These features make it more advantageous than traditional methods of drug delivery where glass or metal vials were used to store pharmaceutical drugs. The removal of drug from these vials was prone to contamination and increased the possibility of dosing errors. Therefore, prefilled syringes eliminate the aforementioned drawbacks, resulting in increase in their demand.
Global Prefilled Syringes Market Segmentation
The global prefilled syringes market is segmented based on material, design, therapeutic, application, and geography. Based on material, it is bifurcated into glass-based and plastic-based. Based on design, it is divided into single-chamber prefilled syringes, dual-chamber prefilled syringes, and customized prefilled syringes. Based on therapeutics, it is categorized into large molecules and small molecules. Based on application, the market is classified into anaphylaxis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and others (cancer, multiple sclerosis). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities
The impact of the driving factors is expected to surpass the effect of restraints. Moreover, the technological advancements leading to higher adoption rate and untapped markets in the developing countries are expected to provide new avenues for the growth of prefilled syringes market in the near future.
Drivers and Restraints
Global Prefilled Syringes Market: Key geographic segment
Europe accounted for the highest market share in the industry in 2016, and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
Global Prefilled Syringes Market, by Region, 2016 (%)
The key players operating in the global prefilled syringes market include Becton, Dickinson and Company, Medtronic plc., Gerresheimer AG, Terumo Medical Corporation, West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., Nipro Corporation, Unilife Corporation, Vetter Pharma International GmbH, Baxter International, and Abbott Laboratories.
The other prominent players in the value chain include Ypsomed Holding AG, Haselmeier, Weigao Group, Owen Mumford, Bayer Healthcare, and Biocon.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- Market estimations are based on comprehensive analysis of the key developments in the industry.
- The global market is comprehensively analyzed with respect to material, design, therapeutics, application, and geography.
- In-depth analysis based on geography assists to understand the regional market to assist in strategic business planning.
- The development strategies adopted by key manufacturers are enlisted to understand the competitive scenario of the market.
Prefilled Syringes Market Key Segments:
- Single-chamber Prefilled Syringes
- Dual-chamber Prefilled Syringes
- Customized Prefilled Syringes
- Large Molecules
- Small Molecules
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Others (Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, and others)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Republic of South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA