Pregabalin is an anticonvulsant drug used for the treatment of epilepsy, neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and generalized anxiety disorder. Its mode of action involves decrease in pain signals sent by the damaged nerves in the body.
Increase in geriatric population suffering from neuropathic diabetes and rise in prevalence of diabetes, HIV, cancer, epilepsy, fibromyalgia, and other such disorders are expected to drive the Pregabalin market. According to the Global Year Against Neuropathic Pain 2014-2015 report by International Association of the Study of Pain, around 7%8% of adults suffer from chronic pain with neuropathic characteristics. Furthermore, Pfizers patent expiry of Lyrica (Pregabalin) in 2018 is anticipated to increase the market share of generic manufacturing companies in the UK.
However, stringent government regulations, lack of awareness about neuropathic pain, presence of substitutes of Pregabalin such as gabapentin, and adverse drug effects hinder the market growth. High investment in developing nations are proving new opportunities for the market players.
The Pregabalin market is segmented on the basis of application, end user, and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into epilepsy, neuropathic pain, fibromyalgia, and generalized anxiety disorder. Based on the end user, it is classified into research institutes, pharmaceutical companies, and others (hospitals and clinics). Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global Pregabalin market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report presents a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Pregabalin Market Key Segments:
- Neuropathic Pain
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
By End User
- Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Others (Hospitals and Clinics)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Pfizer Inc.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Lupin Limited
- Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- Cipla Limited
- Genesis Remedies
- Medley Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Genesis Biotec Inc.