PGD Market Overview:
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) market size was valued at $79 million, and is expected to reach $121 million by 2022, supported by a CAGR of 6.14%. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) also referred as embryo screening, is a branch of genetics involves in genetic testing of embryo through In-Vitro fertilization (IVF). PGD eliminates risk of selective pregnancy termination for couples who are at substantial risk of transferring serious genetic, chromosomal or hereditary disorders such as spinal muscular atrophy and cystic fibrosis.
The world PGD market is expected to witness notable growth in the coming years owning to the rising prevalence of genetic, hereditary and chromosomal diseases. Moreover, PGD have high chances of conceiving healthy embryos. However, the high costs incurred in the PGD technologies hamper the growth of the market. Moreover, stringent government regulations and ethical concerns also obstruct the growth of the market. In coming years, there would be increase in adoption of PGD worldwide owning to the various applications of PGD for development of healthy embryo.
The world PGD market encompasses various test types and geography. The test type segment namely chromosomal abnormalities, gender selection, X-linked diseases, aneuploidy, single gene disorders and others are covered under the scope of the report. Based on geography, the world PGD market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
At present, chromosomal abnormalities segment has witnessed large-scale adoption of PGD market. Single gene disorders, aneuploidy and X-linked disease are some of the other segments in world PGD market. These segments are anticipated to witness increase in market share due to growing genetic, hereditary and chromosomal diseases. However, stringent government regulations related to use of PGD have hindered the market growth of PGD market. Furthermore, gender selection is anticipated grow owning to increasing gender imbalance. However, stringent government regulations and restriction of gender selection have hindered the market growth of this segment.
The significant impacting factors include effective embryo development and diverse PGD applications such as, overcoming infertility, chromosomal and hereditary disorders. All these factors collectively create opportunities for the market growth whilst some of the factors pose limitations in the market. However, each factor would have its definite impact on the market during the forecast period.
The key players operating in the world PGD market are Reprogenetics, LLC, Genea Limited, Illumina, Inc., Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Natera, Inc., PerkinElmer, Inc., Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Genesis Genetics Ltd., and Reproductive Genetics Innovations LLC.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- In-depth study of the global preimplantation genetic diagnostic market was conducted based on current testing trends of genetic test and based on the preferences for designer babies
- Potential analysis of opportunities was evaluated for understanding different aspects of preimplantation genetic test that are currently under various phases of clinical trials along with the variants that would gain prominence in the future
- A deep analysis of key market dynamics that influence the adoption of PGD tests in the forecast period
- Analysis of volume and vale share analysis of PGD testing at a global and regional level
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly for understanding the various technologies adopted by them for development and production of diagnostic tests for PGD testing
KEY MARKET SEGMENT:
By Test Type
- Chromosomal abnormalities
- Gender selection
- X-linked diseases
- Single gene disorders
- North America