Preimplantation genetic testing is performed prior to implantation that assists in the diagnosis of genetic defects present within the embryos. Preimplantation genetic testing helps analyze the genetic profile of embryos, which helps avoid selective pregnancy termination. In this process, a cell from an IVF embryo that is to be tested is removed before transferring the embryo to the uterus. The removed cell is tested for a specific genetic condition (for instance, cystic fibrosis).
The key factors that drive the market growth include technological advancements in the field of genetic analysis and high risk of chromosomal abnormalities with increased maternal age. In addition, factors such as infertility issues among men and women also fuel the market growth. However, high costs associated with preimplantation genetic testing and unfavorable government regulations restrain the market growth. Increasing awareness about preimplantation genetic testing and growing medical tourism will offer lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
This report segments the global preimplantation genetic testing market based on product, procedure, technology, application, end user, and region. Based on products, the market is segmented into reagents & consumables and instruments. Based on procedure, the market is segmented into preimplantation genetic screening and preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Based on technology, the market is segmented into next-generation sequencing, polymerase chain reaction, fluorescence in situ hybridization, comparative genomic hybridization, and single-nucleotide polymorphism. Based on application, the market can be segmented into aneuploidy, single gene disorder, structural chromosomal abnormalities, X-linked disorders, human leukocyte typing, and gender identification. Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the market included in the report are Illumina, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., PerkinElmer Inc., Coopersurgical, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Natera, Inc., Oxford Gene Technology, Yikon Genomics, and SciGene Corporation.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global preimplantation genetic testing market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product elucidates various forms of available preimplantation genetic testing methods.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- By region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Preimplantation Genetic Testing Market Key Segmentation:
- Reagents & Consumables
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization
- Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism
- Single Gene Disorder
- Structural Chromosomal Abnormalities
- X-Linked Disorders
- Human Leukocyte Typing
- Gender Identification.
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA