Jeans are a style of pants or trousers made of denim or dungaree fabric. Often, the term "jeans" refers to a certain style of pants known as "blue jeans," which were designed by Jacob W. Davis in collaboration with Levi Strauss & Co. in 1871 and patented on May 20, 1873. Prior to the Levi Strauss patented trousers, the phrase "blue jeans" had long been used to describe a variety of blue-colored denim items (such as trousers, overalls, and coats). The term "jean" also refers to a (historical) form of durable cloth manufactured with a cotton warp and wool weft (also known as "Virginia cloth").Jean cloth, like denim, can be made entirely of cotton. Originally created for miners, modern jeans were popularized as casual wear by Marlon Brando and James Dean in their 1950s films, particularly The Wild One and Rebel without a Cause, which led to the fabric being a symbol of rebellion among teens, particularly greasers. Jeans became popular among numerous youth subcultures, and then among young members of the general public, starting in the 1960s.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The recent COVID-19 epidemic had a two-fold impact on the global apparel sector. COVID-19 has had an impact on the apparel business in most regions, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Furthermore, several cities throughout the world are on partial or entire lockdown to prevent the virus from spreading. It has had a significant influence on the fashion business, leading to the closure of stores and the postponement of planned runway events.
- Trade restrictions imposed by the governments of various nations, on the other hand, had an impact on the supply of raw materials to the clothing and textile industries. This resulted in price swings and unexpected shortages of raw materials and finished goods.
- As many preferred to stay at home rather than go to the store, online shopping became very popular among individuals who had never used it before. And, as a result of the shift in work styles brought on by people being obliged to work from home, life via online channels has become the norm.
Top Impacting Factors
- Constant product innovation in the market and rising living standards are expected to boost demand even higher. Growing consumer awareness of a wide range of products, including as boot cut, high rise, cropped, skinny, tapered, and normal fit jeans, is also helping to expand the market. Furthermore, the boost in demand for branded apparel will fuel the expansion.
- The market's expansion is projected to be aided by the influence of social media platforms. Furthermore, the expanding global apparel market, which has seen the introduction of premium and branded products, is expected to have a substantial impact on the development of the denim jeans market.
- The presence of different low-cost jeans manufacturers is one of the hurdles in the expansion of the global premium denim jeans industry. The high price of quality denim jeans has been a stumbling block for this market.
- Vendors have a lot of potential if they tap into other regions' markets. Asia Pacific boasts the world's fastest-growing economy and the most disposable income. The population density in this area is also the highest. These reasons are expected to aid in the rapid growth of premium denim jeans market.
Premium Denim Jeans Market Growth is influenced by Business Casual Attire
The dynamic workplace principles that allow employees to work in informal wear, including jeans and denim jackets, are supporting the expanding demand for jeans. One of the key growth causes for the premium denim jeans market is business casual wear. Google, Zappos, Facebook, and Twitter, for example, allow their employees to dress casually, including in jeans. Several women wear denim jeans to work since they can't find the right-fitting work pants. During the projection period, the market will develop at a steady rate.
Denim mills and brands are working together in the denim sector to accomplish mutually beneficial strategic goals. For the product to be successful in the market, Levi Strauss & Co, a denim producer, teamed with Off-White, an influence in street wear fashion trends, to merge vintage Levi Strauss & Co jeans with Off-experienced White's creative direction. One of the important reasons leading to the growth of the premium denim jeans market has been recognized as strategic collaborations among denim industry companies.
Use of Social Media with a High Level of Advertising Expenditure
Traditional and social media platforms are used by key participants in the market examined for advertising. These companies organize campaigns and exposition exhibits to market their products and services, reaching out to their target audience via television advertising and social media channels. The increasing number of internet users in developing economies has transformed the advertising spending approach of major corporations. Players, for example, employ numerous Facebook profiles for different nations to suit to diverse customer needs.
They also provide digital versions of their catalogues for PC and mobile customers. Aside from Facebook, the corporations are attempting to establish a strong presence on other social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter. Companies also support athletic, musical, and special events as part of their marketing efforts, and pay athletes and celebrities to promote their products.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the premium denim jeans industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the premium denim jeans market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the premium denim jeans market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed premium denim jeans market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the premium denim jeans market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Premium Denim Jeans" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Premium Denim Jeans" Market?
Premium Denim Jeans Market Report Highlights
By End User
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
7 For All Mankind, J Brand, Diesel, Citizens of Humanity, Hudson Jeans, True Religion, Rag & Bone, Paige Denim, AG Jeans, Levi's