Press brakes refer to the heavy machinery which is used for bending the metal parts and metal sheets. The press brakes comprise two frames that are connected to the table at the bottom and a movable beam at the crest. The top tool on the press brakes are attached to the upper movable beam of press brakes while the bottom tool rests on the table. The press brakes are used for bending metal sheets by clamping it between the machine punch and a die. The press brakes working capacity is categorized based on various parameters such as amplitude, tonnage, work height, stroke, working length, and distance between the C frames.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for press brakes is expected to decrease in 2020 due to lockdown imposed by the government and low demand from metal processing and automotive industries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the press brakes, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the press brakes market significantly since the past few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed form giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increasing government investment in developing infrastructure and increasing construction activities is driving the market of press brakes. The increasing demand for the fabricated metal products is further expected to fuel the growth of the press brakes market. The fabricated metals are used in various applications such as stamped metal products, transport machinery, automotive industries, utensils, fasteners, industrial equipment, ammunition and other hardware. The increasing demand for fabricated metal in transportation machinery industries and automotive industries is further expected to fuel the press brakes market. The increasing demand for pneumatic and hydraulic press brakes from various end-user industries is expected to boost the growth of the press brakes market. Asia-Pacific is an emerging region and is accounted to hold the largest share in the press brakes market during the forecast period. However, increasing operating cost in the conventional press brakes machines due to requirement of high domain skill to operate them can hamper the growth of the press brakes market.
The global press brakes market trends are:
New product launches to flourish the market
Thelaunch of new generation technologically advanced products can boost the growth of the market. In the past few years, many such products with unique features were launched in the market. In July 2019, one of the global leader in press brakes Nanjing Rongwin Machinery launched new Servo hybrid press brakes. The servo hybrid press brakes is a new generation hydraulic press brakes features in saving 90% of the hydraulic oil. The servo hydraulic press brakes consists of two servo electric motors that are energy efficient and helps in reducing operational cost.
High demand from applications:
The press brakes are the fabrication machines that serve for various metal processing operation in automotive, general machinery, transport machinery, aircraft, construction, cabinets and other such applications. The press brakes are mostly used for bending metal sheets, panels and frames that makes them common in mechanical workshops. The press brakes are categorized into various types such as mechanical press brakes, hydraulic press brakes, pneumatic press brakes and conventional press brakes. The mechanical press brakes uses a flywheel equipped with an electric motor to cut, shape and form the metal sheets. The hydraulic press brakes are operated by the two synchronized cylinders that are attached to movable upper beam. The hydraulic press brakes are used for fabrication of metal sheets and panels in metal processing industries. The hydraulic press brakes in other industries are used for making powders in cosmetic industry, thinning of glass in glass industries and for making of pills for medical use.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the press brakes market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the press brakes market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the press brakes market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Press Brakes Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Eagle Bending Machines, Gasparini, MC Machinery Systems, IMAC, Salvagnini America, Accurl, Santec Group., LVD, Metal Forming, Bystronic, US Industrial Machinery, Komatsu, ERMAKSAN, Lazer Safe, EHRT/International Technologies, Cincinnati, TRUMPF, HACO, Betenbender, Jayson Machines, Amada, Baileigh Industrial