According to a new report published by Allied Market Research, titled, “Autonomous Mobile Robot Market," The autonomous mobile robot market was valued at $2.7 billion in 2020, and is estimated to reach $12.4 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 17% from 2021 to 2030.
Based on various situations and requirements, an autonomous mobile robot automatically builds the shortest route; if the mission varies from day to day, an autonomous mobile robot changes route with it. Furthermore, autonomous mobile robots automatically detect and avoid obstructions and restricted passageways in order to choose the optimal route to their next waypoint. In addition, autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) can comprehend and navigate their surroundings without direct human oversight and navigate using maps generated on-site by its software or pre-loaded infrastructure layouts. The demand for autonomous robots has soared due to their distinct operating characteristics and patterns. The increased use of autonomous mobile robots in various industrial sectors such as automotive and healthcare, as well as increased awareness of the benefits of autonomous mobile robots, drive demand for autonomous mobile robots.
By type, the autonomous mobile robot market has been categorized into goods-to-person picking robots, self-driving forklifts, autonomous inventory robots, and unmanned aerial vehicles. The goods-to-person picking robots segment accounted for the highest revenue in 2020, owing to high demand for goods-to-person picking robots in warehouse management applications globally.
On the basis of application, the autonomous mobile robot market is bifurcated into sorting, pick & place, tugging, warehouse, and others. The pick and place segment garnered the highest revenue in 2020, owing to huge demand for autonomous mobile robots to handle several tasks in a warehouse.
Depending on end user, the missile defense system market is fragmented into warehouse/distribution center and manufacturing. The warehouse/distribution center segment was the highest revenue contributor in 2020, owing to a majority of the AMRs being used for warehouse/distribution applications throughout the world.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 impact on the autonomous mobile robot market is unpredictable, and is expected to remain in force for a few years.
- The COVID-19 outbreak forced governments across the globe to implement stringent lockdown and ban import–export of raw material items for most of 2020 & few months in 2021. This led to sudden fall in the availability of important components for manufacturing autonomous mobile robot components.
- Moreover, nationwide lockdown forced autonomous mobile robot manufacturing facilities to partially or completely shut their operations.
- Adverse impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in delays in activities and initiatives regarding development of advanced autonomous mobile robots across the globe.
KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
- By type, the unmanned aerial vehicles segment is expected to register a significant growth during the forecast period.
- On the basis of application, the warehouse fleet management segment is anticipated to exhibit significant growth in future.
- Depending on end user, the manufacturing segment is projected to lead the global missile defense system market.
- Region wise, LAMEA is anticipated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The key players that operate in the global autonomous mobile robot market include Boston Dynamics, Clearpath Robotics Inc., Conveyco Technologies, Geekplus Technology Co. Ltd., IAM Robotics, KUKA AG, Locus Robotics, MHS Global, Omron Group, and Teradyne Inc.