According to a new report published by Allied Market Research, titled, Peer to peer Lending by End-User Types and Business Model type: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2014-2022, the peer to peer (P2P) lending market was valued at $26,064 million in 2015 and is projected to reach $460,312 million by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 51.5% from 2016 to 2022. In 2015, small business loans dominated the market, whereas consumer credit loans is anticipated to grow at a robust rate, in terms of market share.
Access Full Summary at: https://www.alliedmarketresearch.com/peer-to-peer-lending-market
Alternative marketplace lending or P2P lending market, which is also referred to as social lending, person-to-person lending, microfinance and microloans, is a non-traditional form of lending money. Alternative marketplace lending is in contrast with the traditional lending method, where the bank or other financial institution offer loans to individuals or small and medium businesses.
Increase in awareness about the benefits of peer to peer lending market, greater money transparency, higher returns to investors, lower interest rates for borrowers, rise in small business loans, consumer credit loans and increasing Chinese P2P lending market share are the major factors that drive the market growth. Global players such as LendingClub Limited, Prosper. Inc., and Zopa have come up with user friendly online lending platforms to cater to customers and expand their market share. Additionally, these players have kept their lending interest rates lower than traditional banks and offer better return to investors.
Small business loan segment, under end-user type, accounted for 32% of the overall peer to peer lending market in 2015, followed by student loans. Additionally, consumer credit loans segment has high growth potential, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 52.6% during the forecast period. Growth in small scale business in developing economies, lower market risks and loan availability for small debt payoffs, thus driving the growth of the small business loan segment across the world.
Key Findings of the Peer to Peer Lending Market
- Increase in P2P lending awareness, better interest rates to borrowers and improved returns to lenders have accelerated the growth of the overall peer to peer lending industry.
- North America is leading the peer to peer lending market, followed by Asia-Pacific.
- Asia- Pacific would witness the highest CAGR of 54.1% mainly led by China, owing to emergence of a number of small scale peer to peer lending service providers.
- Peer to peer lending platforms are most suitable for small scale business and consumer credit loans.
- Alternate lending market which includes crowdfunding, marketplace lending, hedge funding is to increase during the forecast period due to better services, importance of small scale loans, and greater transparency.
North America generated the highest revenue in 2015, and is projected to dominate the market throughout the analysis period. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth rate, owing to emerging economies such as China.
Key players profiled in this report include LendingClub Corporation (U.S.), Funding Circle Limited (London), Prosper Marketplace, Inc. (U.S.), Circleback Lending, Inc. (U.S.), Social Finance, Inc. (U.S.), Zopa Limited (London), Avant, Inc. (U.S.), onDeck Capital, Inc.(U.S.), RateSetter (London), Kabbage (U.S.).