According to a new report published by Allied Market Research, titled, “Water Softening Systems Market," The water softening systems market size was valued at $2.6 billion in 2021, and is estimated to reach $4.6 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2022 to 2031.
Toxins, bacteria, chemicals, toxic fumes, hard water, and suspended solids are removed from water using a water softener. They lower the concentration of particulate matter in water and lessen the risk of contracting waterborne infections, making the water suitable for both residential and non-residential use. Increase in supplies of drinkable water and increase in urbanization and industrialization fuel the global need for these purifiers. In addition, rise in consumer awareness regarding importance of consuming safe water has a beneficial impact on water purifier sales across the globe. The most popular form of water softening systems used is the salt-based ion exchanger. These softeners can remove calcium and magnesium ions from hard water by replacing calcium and magnesium ions with sodium ions. Ion exchange happens within resin tanks of salt-based water softeners, lowering mineral count and increasing salt content of the water.
In terms of region, Europe has accounted major water softening systems market share in 2021. This is attributed to high demand for salt-based ion exchange softeners and salt-free water softeners across many countries. However, Asia-Pacific is expected to increase with high CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributed to increase in R&D investments in developing countries and rise in government investments in automation and smart solutions must be implemented on a large scale to bring energy efficiency, accelerate automation, reduce costs, and create a comfortable occupant experience in residential buildings.
Furthermore, water softening systems have greater efficiency of water treatment then other systems, resulting in increased demand for these systems. This is expected to boost demand for water softening systems in Asia-Pacific in the water softening systems market forecast.
The salt-based ion exchanged softeners segment registered highest revenue in 2021, owing to wide application in healthcare, construction, and logistics, and is expected to increase with highest CAGR, owing to surge in adoption for residential and non-residential purposes.
Furthermore, key players have implemented various strategic moves such as product launch, collaboration, and partnership to strengthen their market position. For instance, in February 2021, Rheem, a leading global manufacturer of water heating and water treatment, introduced the Rheem Preferred series water softeners with "Learning Technology,” which analyses water usage patterns in real time and allow families to optimize soft water for home while saving hundreds of dollars on salt, water, and electricity.
However, during the pandemic, various manufacturers in the water softening systems market had to stop their businesses in countries such as China, the U.S., and India. This break directly impacted sales of water softening systems companies. In addition, lack of manpower and raw materials constricted supply of equipment of water softening systems, which has negatively impacted growth of the market. However, production facilities and introduction of vaccines for coronavirus disease are anticipated to lead to re-opening of water softening companies.
Key Findings Of The Study
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging water softening systems market trends and dynamics.
- Depending on softener type, the salt-based ion exchange softener segment dominated the water softening systems market, in terms of revenue in 2021, and is projected to grow at a significant high CAGR during the forecast period.
- By type, the twin cylinder segment registered the highest revenue in 2021.
- Asia-Pacific is projected to register highest water softening systems market growth rate in the coming years.
- Key players within the water softening systems market are profiled in this report, and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the water softening systems industry.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging opportunities of the market.
- In-depth water softening systems market analysis is conducted by constructing estimations for the key segments between 2022 and 2031.