Pressure relief devices are medical devices used to reduce pressure at specific points caused by the patients body weight when he or she sits or rests on the bed. These devices are filled with air, water, gel, or foam to minimize the pressure ulcers.
The major factors that drive the pressure relief devices market are rise in prevalence of pressure ulcers, technological advancements such as dynamic air therapy mattresses, growth in geriatric and obese population, and increase in awareness about pressure ulcers through campaigns in various countries. However, high cost of the devices and lack of skilled personnel restrain the market growth. Furthermore, development of healthcare infrastructure and unmet market opportunities are expected to boost the market growth in the near future.
The pressure relief devices market is segmented based on product, end user, and region. On the basis of product, it is bifurcated into low-tech devices and high-tech devices. Low-tech devices are further divided into foam-based mattress, gel-based mattress, fiber-filled mattress, water/fluid-filled mattress, and air-filled mattress. High-tech devices are further bifurcated into kinetic bed and dynamic air therapy bed. Based on end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, and long-term care centers. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market BSN medical, Inc., Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc., Paramount Bed Holdings Co., Ltd.., ArjoHuntleigh, Invacare Corporation, Talley Group Ltd., Stryker Corporation, Medtronic Plc., Acelity L.P. Inc., and GE Healthcare.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global pressure relief devices market with current trends and future estimations from 2016 to 2023 to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Pressure Relief Devices Market Key Segments:
- Low-tech devices
- Foam-Based Mattress
- Gel-based Mattress
- Fiber-filled Mattress
- Water/Fluid-filled Mattress
- Air-filled Mattress
- High-tech Devices
- Kinetic Bed
- Dynamic Air Therapy Bed
By End User
- Long-term Care Centers
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA