Prestressed concrete cylinder pipe (PCCP) consists of a concrete core, a thin steel cylinder, high tensile prestressing wires, and a mortar coating. Concretes high compressive strength and steels high tensile strength forms a durable structure that can stand extreme condition. The thick mortar coating on the pipe protects the steel cylinder, joint rings, and pre-stressing wire from corrosion, which makes it ideal for water transmission, municipal wastewater applications, and industrial piping. PCCP does not require any bracing, compacted bedding, trucking in aggregate, unshrinkable fill, and welding, which makes it easier and economical to install.
Superior properties of PCCP such as high strength to withstand internal & external loads, resistance to corrosion and economical installation drive the market growth. According to the Asian Development Bank, Asia is estimated to invest $8$9 trillion in infrastructure development between 2010 and 2020 to maintain its economy. Moreover, According to CG/LA Infrastructure, increasing investment in new projects will lead to the growth of infrastructure market in Latin America and is expected to reach $114 billion by 2018. These infrastructural projects include airports, commercial building, water & wastewater transmission system, which further propel the growth of PCCP market. Stringent government regulations have led to increase in installation of wastewater treatment systems and infrastructural improvements in drinking water systems are anticipated to provide new opportunities for the market players.
The global prestressed concrete cylinder pipe market is segment based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into embedded steel cylinder/embedded cylinder pipe (ECP), and outer steel cylinder/ lined-cylinder pipe (LCP). By application, it is divided into water transmission & distribution, cooling water system, sewer force mains, subaqueous pipelines, and others. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- Pure Technologies Ltd.
- Ameron International Corporation
- Hume Pipe
- Zhejiang Dragon Pipe
- Xinjiang Guotong Pipeline
- Shandong Longquan Pipeline Engineering
- Ningxia Qinglong Pipes Industry
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global prestressed concrete cylinder pipe market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the type of prestressed concrete cylinder pipe and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe Market Key Segmentation:
- Embedded Steel Cylinder/Embedded Cylinder Pipe (ECP)
- Outer Steel Cylinder/Lined Cylinder Pipe (LCP)
- Water Transmission & Distribution
- Cooling Water System
- Sewer Force Mains
- Subaqueous Pipelines
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- Ningxia Qinglong Pipes Industry
- Beijing Hanjian Heshan Pipeline
- Jilin Electric Power Pipeline Engineering Corporation
- Chengdu Jinwei Pipe
- Wuxi Huayi Pipe Manufacturing