Preterm Birth Diagnostic Test Kits Market Outlook - 2027
Preterm birth, also referred to as neonatal birth is the condition when the baby is born means before 37 weeks of gestation. Special care given to the premature born baby after the delivery, for the first 4 weeks. Premature born baby usually has some health concerns like difficulty in breathing, gaining weight and require intensive medical care and an early diagnosis of this condition. Preemies or preterm born babies can have physical and mental disabilities. The specific reason for preterm labor isn't clear many a times. However, few risk factors such can potentially increase the incidences of preterm labor, although preterm labor has also been observed in healthy pregnant women with no such risk factors. A preterm birth diagnostic test kits aids in detection of preterm labor and potentially of premature membrane rupture with the help of biomarkers. Pelvic examination, ultrasound, uterine monitoring are others ways used in preterm birth diagnosis.
COVID – 19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has emerged as a humanitarian as well as economic crisis, creating strain on the society and affecting millions of people and businesses
- Industry closures and people are asked to stay in their homes which has cause taken a huge toll in terms of money and economic growth
- Over 4 million people affected globally, with 300 thousand losing their lives due to SARS-CoV-2
- Healthcare organizations are already working in battle mode, preparing new plans to respond growing COVID-19 patients, right from sourcing rapid diagnosing kits to sufficient PPE kits for workers
- Due to diversion of medical field towards treating COVID-19, the funding to R&D activities related to preterm birth diagnostics has been reduced and this segment have to face negligence subsequently causing negative impact on preterm birth diagnostics test kits market
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The increasing adoption of preterm birth diagnostic tests for prevention of premature births and management is fueling the market growth of the preterm birth diagnostic test kits. Ever rising high birth rate in developing and developed countries, rising prevalence of premature births, technological advancements in preterm birth diagnostic tests owing to heavy investments in research and development activities and government initiatives to increase survival rates in neonatal incidences are the factors driving the growth of this market. Furthermore, growing demand for cost-effective diagnostics regarding premature births at hospitals and diagnostic laboratories have surged the requirement for preterm birth diagnostic test kits. Additionally, easy application of these diagnostics in homecare centers and nursing homes and the accessibility to preterm birth diagnostic test kits due to flourishing supply chains are responsible for surge in the rising adoption rate of preterm birth diagnostic test kits among homecare centers. Also, the implementation of these diagnostic test kits at home curbs the cost associated with laboratory checkup. Moreover, major market players and other organizations are focusing on educating people regarding preterm birth via several campaigns. Additionally, premature birth is related with growing incidences of perinatal morbidity and mortality associated with infants born impoverished of congenital irregularities. The major long-term cause of preterm births is neurodevelopmental disability. Furthermore, sedentary lifestyle and dearth of physical activities would also accelerate complications related with neonatal births. Aforementioned, factors push the early diagnosis which would boost the business growth.
However, high investment related to preterm birth, presence of high entry barriers due to government compliances, lack of technical skilled personnel, and poor accessibility toward neonatal care especially in the developing economies are the factors that might hamper business growth to some extent.
Having said that, the untapped markets, especially Asia-Pacific and Middle-east markets owing to extreme birth rates would provide immense growth opportunities with rising awareness among people and proper marketing strategy.
Global prevalence on preterm births
As per the UN, maternal & infant care is a global priority, as around 800 women face fatalities per day owing to curable causes associated with pregnancy or childbirth. Growing awareness about preterm birth diagnostics owing to their efficacy and benefits is expected to propel the market growth. According to UNICEF (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund) data, it was observed in 2017 that around 2.5 million children died in the first 4 weeks after birth worldwide. In 2017, around 115.4 million births occurred, among which 11.1% births were premature, which is around 12.8 million births. Adding to this, the preterm births followed by low weight in babies is a leading cause in acquiring various health concerns and hence makes it essential prevent such complications with the help of early diagnosis. This will further surge the demand for preterm birth diagnostic test kits in the market and is expected to grow significantly in coming years.
Increasing number of pediatric clinics and neonatal intensive care units to surge the market growth
Past few years saw drop in the growth of preterm birth diagnostic test kits market, as there was limited number of pediatric clinics and adding to this lack of accessibility to preterm birth diagnostic test kits in low and middle income countries. The lack of numbers of clinics resulted into lack of preterm birth diagnostics and pushed major market payers to introduce cost-effective test kits. In addition, increase in adoption of preterm birth diagnostic test kits at various healthcare facilities has further increased the demand and use of these test kits used for preterm birth prevention and management and would further help the market grow significantly.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global preterm birth diagnostic test kits industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global preterm birth diagnostic test kits market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the preterm birth diagnostic test kits market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global preterm birth diagnostic test kits market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Preterm birth diagnostic test kits market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the preterm birth diagnostic test kits market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Preterm Birth Diagnostic Test Kits Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Sample Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Biosynex, Hologic, Abbott, Medixbiochemica, IQ Products, Sera Prognostics., Qiagen, Creative Diagnostics, CooperSurgical Inc, Clinical Innovations