Lamination is a technique wherein the material is permanently assembled by heating, pressuring, welding, or by use of adhesives. This technique improves the properties of a material such as strength, durability, appearance, stability, and others. Printed circuit board (PCB) laminate involves lamination of a circuit with a non-conductive material. PCB laminates connect and support the electronic components using pads, conductive tracks, and other features etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate. PCB laminations are widely used in one copper layer PCB, two copper layer PCB, or outer & inner layer PCB.
The PCB laminate market is anticipated to grow during the forecast period owing to growth in demand for 3C applications (communication, computer/peripheral, and consumer electronics), advancement in PCB technologies, and increased demand for aerospace & defense products. Advancement in smartphones, touchscreen tablets, and laptops and rise in demand for consumer electronics are expected to drive the market. However, signal interruption in PCB at high temperature hampers the market growth. Moreover, advancement in printing technologies of PCB is expected to present an opportunity for market development.
The PCB laminate market is segmented on the basis of type, material, application, and geography. The type segment is divided into polyimide, FR-4, CEM, paper, and others. Based on material, the market is classified into Glass fabric, epoxy resin, kraft paper, and phenolic resin. Based on application, it is categorized into automotive, communications, industrial electronics, consumer electronics, aerospace & defense, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Major companies profiled in the report include Unimicron Technology Corp., Nippon Mektron, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited, and Young Poong Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations of the PCB laminate market is provided.
- The report provides a competitive scenario of the market with growth trends, structure, driving factors, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- It includes a detailed analysis of the key segments to provide insights on market dynamics.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers, and provides insights on the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
Printed Circuit Board Laminate Market Key Segmentation
- Glass Fabric
- Epoxy Resin
- Kraft Paper
- Phenolic Resin
- Industrial Electronics
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Unimicron Technology Corp.
- Nippon Mektron
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics
- Zhen Ding Technology Holding Limited
- Young Poong Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Daeduck Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Ibiden Co., Ltd.
- Tripod Technology Corporation
- TTM Technologies, Inc.
- Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik AG