Processor Intellectual Property (IP) Market Outlook – 2027
Processor Intellectual Property technically is a unit of layout design of integrated circuit or logic, cell that is the intellectual property of a group and also can be reused. IP cores may be licensed to a different party, or may be owned and used by a single party. The term is derived from the patent licensing and/or copyright of source code that exists in the design.
Application-specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) designs or field-programmable gate array (FPGA) logic designs can be used as building blocks. The increasing design costs and the increasing time-to - market pressure are forcing the organizations to seek services from manufacturers of processor IP. This market's various applications include smart devices (mobiles and tablets), cars, computers, and peripherals among others.
The global processor intellectual property (IP) market is segmented on the basis of design IP, IP source, IP core, end users, industry vertical and region. Based on design IP, the market is divided into processor IP, interface IP, memory IP, analog to digital IP, and digital to analog IP. In terms of IP source, the market is categorized into royalty and licensing. On the basis of IP core, the market is divided into soft cores and hard cores.
On the basis of end users the market is divided IDM firms, foundries, OSAT companies, and other companies. In terms of industry vertical, the processor intellectual property (IP) market is segregated into consumer electronics, telecom, industrial, automotive, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global processor intellectual property (IP) industry include CEVA Inc., Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Rambus Inc., Faraday Technology Corporation, Synopsys Inc., Sonics Inc., eMemory Technology Inc., Cobham Gaisler, Imagination Technologies Group Plc, Open-Silicon Inc.. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global processor intellectual property (IP) market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- COVID-19 has affected the processor intellectual property (IP) market forecast in various manners such as by directly impacting production and demand, has created supply chain disruption, and has also financial impact on corporations and financial markets.
- CEVA's global supply and manufacturing chain is fully committed to the management of resources and shipments to and from its facilities. Thanks to the firm's robust inventory planning, there is no impact on the availability of the product.
- The Imagination Technologies Group Plc has relocated most of its non-Asian workers to work remotely worldwide. The company's offices will remain open as required for critical access to hardware resources, but social distancing will be maintained with most employees at home.
Top Impacting Factors
Major factors that drives the processor intellectual property (IP) market include advanced multicore technology for the consumer electronics industry vertical, and rise in demand for modern SoC designs. The processor intellectual property (IP) market is expected to witness considerable growth due to various advantages such as power efficiency, high switching speed, and the suitability with various consumer electronic devices. Furthermore, need for enhanced safety and advanced features in the automotive end use leads to the increase demand for a greater number of memory devices installed per vehicle. However, factors such as ever-changing technological evolution as well as the rising number of counterfeits hinders the market growth.
The Processor IP Market to Hold the Largest Share During the Forecast Period
During the forecast period the processor intellectual property (IP) market is projected to have the largest market share. Processor IPs have multiple uses in consumer electronics and high-cost automotive verticals as well. These are used in the automotive sector in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and infotainment systems. One of the critical factors for the market growth of processor IPs is the large deployment of processors in consumer electronics products.
The Royalty Sourcing Market to Have a Considerable Market Share
The market for royalty sourcing of processor IP is anticipated to hold the largest market over the forecast period. A chip manufacturer will have to pay in royalty IP sourcing for every single chip it produces. Due to volatility in the technology industry, the royalty market is booming, because royalty will help producers produce as many goods as they want and only pay royalty for those goods. In addition, most giants source their semiconductor IPs via royalty model rather than licensing.
Advancements in Multicore Consumer Electronics Technology
With growing research and development activities, consumer electronics are getting smarter and more sophisticated. This is due to advanced components and chips which are made using complex IPs designed for each application. The consumer electronics sector provides enormous growth potential for processor intellectual property (IP) players in the semiconductor industry and the semiconductor IP market. The semiconductor industry depends heavily on consumer electronics like smartphones, tablets, and memory products.
Furthermore, supportive government policies in the region of Asia-Pacific, The governments of developed and developing economies like China, South Korea, India, and Japan have taken measures such as investments and issuance of market favorable policies to make their semiconductor industry self-reliant. In addition, the region's witnesses flourishing electronics manufacturing sector is increasing demand for semiconductors, thus fueling growth in the market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global processor intellectual property (IP) industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global processor intellectual property (IP) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global processor intellectual property (IP) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global processor intellectual property (IP) market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Processor Intellectual Property (IP) Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the processor intellectual property (IP) market size?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the processor intellectual property (IP) market trends?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Processor Intellectual Property (IP) Market Report Highlights
By IP Source
By IP core
By End Users
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Synopsys Inc., Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Faraday Technology Corporation, eMemory Technology Inc., Rambus Inc., Sonics Inc., Cobham Gaisler, Imagination Technologies Group Plc, Open-Silicon Inc., CEVA Inc.