A propeller is a propulsion device, which creates relative motion by pushing environmental fluid axially backwards by means of rotating blades mounted in a shaft, which is driven utilizing an engine. A pressure difference is created between forward and rear surfaces of the blades, generating thrust that is transmitted from blades to shafts and finally to the vehicle by means of engine supports. The number of blades in propeller decides the speed of ship or aircraft.
Increase in international seaborne trade, rise in commercial aircraft production, and surge in number of shipbuilding projects are the major factors that drive the growth of the propellers market. In addition, rise in marine tourism supplements the market growth. However, huge capital investment involved in setting up manufacturing facility and volatile cost of raw materials hinder the market growth. Technological innovations in propulsion engines, rise in R&D activities, and increase in demand from emerging economies are expected to provide potential opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the propellers market on the basis of type, number of blades, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is categorized into fixed pitch propeller, controllable pitch propeller, adjusted bolted propeller, and ducted propeller. According to number of blades, it is classified into three blades, four blades, five blades, and others. By application, it is bifurcated into aerospace and marine. Aerospace segment is further divided into commercial aircrafts and military aircrafts. Marine segment is subsegmented into cargo or container ship, tanker, bulk carrier, offshore vessel, passenger ship, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as product launch, acquisition, and expansion to strengthen their market reach to maintain their position in the market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- Hartzell Propeller Inc.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Man Diesel & Turbo SE
- Mecklenburger Metallguss GmbH
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Nakashima Propeller Co., Ltd.
- Rolls-Royce Holdings Plc
- UTC Aerospace Systems
- Veem Ltd.
- Whirlwind Propellers
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global propellers market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Propellers Market Key Segments:
- Fixed Pitch Propeller
- Controllable Pitch Propeller
- Adjusted Bolted Propeller
- Ducted Propeller
By Number of Blades
- Three Blades
- Four Blades
- Five Blades
- Commercial Aircrafts
- Military Aircrafts
- Cargo or Container Ship
- Bulk Carrier
- Offshore Vessel
- Passenger Ship
- Others (Tugs & Service Ships)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA