A prosthetic disc nucleus is an alternative and minimally invasive method to total disc replacement. It is a device involving a polyethylene jacket and a hydrogel core. It is designed for ensuring the functioning of a healthy disc. This device also aids in maintaining the disc height and providing a normal range of motion. All these functionalities along with rise in cases of lower back pain, surge in demand for advanced back treatments due to posture-related issues, increase in sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, a surge in geriatric populations, and technological advancements propel the growth of the prosthetic disc nucleus market.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the prosthetic disc nucleus market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in cases of lower back pain, surge in demand for advanced back treatments due to posture-related issues, increase in sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise, surge in geriatric populations, and rise in demand for minimally invasive procedures & advanced treatment and procedures are the factors that drive the growth of the prosthetic disc nucleus market.
- In addition, advancements in tissue engineering, gene therapy, and other medical spheres, increase in healthcare expenditure; availability of skilled professionals; collaborations & acquisitions between key players to facilitate development; rise in R&D activities to develop and launch novel devices in the market are some factors, which boost the market growth for prosthetic disc nucleus.
- However, expensive implants and high procedure costs hinder the market growth.
- Contrarily, favorable reimbursement policies and support from the government for regulatory approval present new pathways in the industry.
Prosthetic Disc Nucleus Market Trends
New product launches to flourish the market
In March 2018, Orthofix International N.V. acquired Spinal Kinetics, Inc., a leading developer, and manufacturer of cervical and lumbar disc devices. The acquisition is expected to expand the product portfolio of the company.
In November 2018, Xian Janssen (Janssen Global Services, LLC) and Ali Health signed a strategic partnership agreement to establish a new model of Internet health services.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the prosthetic disc nucleus industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the prosthetic disc nucleus market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the prosthetic disc nucleus market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed prosthetic disc nucleus market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the prosthetic disc nucleus Report
- Which are the leading players active in the prosthetic disc nucleus market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the prosthetic disc nucleus market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the prosthetic disc nucleus market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Prosthetic disc nucleus"?
- What is "Prosthetic disc nucleus" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Prosthetic disc nucleus" Market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "Prosthetic disc nucleus" Market report?
Prosthetic Disc Nucleus Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Medtronic, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc, Spinal Stabilization Technologies, Ltd., Spine Wave, Inc., NuVasive, Inc., DePuy Synthes (Johnson and Johnson), Stryker Corporation, Globus Medical, Orthofix International N.V., Replication Medical, Inc.