The protective gowns are among the types of personal protective equipment used in the health care profession. They are used to protect the individual from the spread of infection or illness if the wearer comes in contact with potentially infectious liquid and even solid material. The protective gown can also be used to help prevent the individual from wearing it from transferring the harmful microorganisms that are the potential to harm vulnerable patients, such as those with comparatively immune systems. They are one part of a complete infection-control strategy. A few of the many terms that have been used to refer to gowns intended for use in health care settings include isolation gowns, non-surgical gowns, surgical gowns, procedural gowns, surgical isolation gowns, and operating room gowns.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has caused trouble for majority of the industries, as it has led to resource constraints, and halt in production of various products, affecting the economy badly. The government has forced every individual to keep social distancing for the period. The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted on the healthcare system, which led to 50% to 70% drop in revenue from March. There are many organizations such as small hospitals, clinics and other nursing homes which are forced to shut their operations, which led to reduction in the number of surgical procedures. The lesser number of elective surgical procedures has drastically affected the economy. Furthermore, the medical tourism has also been reduced causing lesser earning due to the visa cancellations.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The major factor affecting the market includes the rise in the incidences of chronic conditions which need the exposure of radiation for diagnosis and hence is anticipated to help the market boost in the forecast period. Furthermore, the increase in the incidences of infectious diseases, which may be communicable would help the market gain maximum revenue in the coming years. However, the higher cost may hinder the market growth in the near future.
New product advancements to flourish the market
In May 2020, Mainetti Group had announced the launch of its new range of personal protective equipment (PPE), M-care, which will be available to all customers to support them in mitigating the risks of COVID-19. Hong Kong will also serve as a regional distribution hub for all of its clients, ensuring rapid and reliable delivery as the world combats the pandemic. The M-care product range features a disposal mask, manufactured to EN14683 Type IIR and ASTM F2100 Level 2 standards, the quality specifications required by most global hospital organizations.
In April 2020, PPE manufacturer Fire-Dex had announced that it is starting production of AAMI Level 3-compliant reusable isolation gowns and coveralls in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The increase in the production of the various protective gowns and product advancements is anticipated to help the market boost in the coming years.
Surge in mergers and acquisitions to boost the market
In April 2020, Mohawk partnered to create medical gowns and launched project with donation to Hamilton Medical Center. The growth in the number of partnership is anticipated to propel the market to grow in the forecast period.
In April 2020, Catholic Health teamed up with small local manufacturers to produce 5,000 protective gowns for healthcare workers. The increase in the agreements made for the production of the protective gowns is expected to help the market grow significantly.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global protective gowns industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global protective gowns market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global protective gowns market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global protective gowns market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the protective gowns market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the Protective Gowns market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in tasking further strategic steps?
Protective Gowns Market Report Highlights
By Synthetic Fiber
By End User
Key Market Players
GLA Family, Microbiome & Genetic Testing Organisation, Novolex, Narang Medical Limited., Guangzhou Youte Plastic Products Co., Ltd., Du Pont de Nemours and Company, 3M Company, Xiangli Caps & Bags Factory Manufacturer, Cardinal Health, Mediklin Healthcare Limited