Protein crystallization is the process of forming protein crystals that are used for scientific and industrial purposes for the study of X-ray crystallography. Similar to many other types of molecules, proteins can be prompted to form crystals when the solution in which they are dissolved becomes supersaturated. Further, protein crystallization is used in structural biology for the study of molecular structure of protein.
Increase in use of crystallization for membrane protein structure elucidation as well as the rise in R&D expenditure by many pharmaceutical giants drive the market. However, dearth of skilled professionals and lack of generalized crystallization methods associated with the types of proteins impede the market growth. Moreover, untapped economies such as India, China, and Brazil generate lucrative opportunities for the key market players of protein crystallization and crystallography market.
The global protein crystallization and crystallography market is segmented based on technology, product type, end user, and geography. Based on technology, the market is divided into protein purification, protein crystallization, protein crystal mounting, and protein crystallography. Further, protein purification is sub segmented into chromatography (affinity chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, high pressure liquid chromatography [HPLC], and gel-filtration chromatography), electrophoresis (gel electrophoresis and capillary electrophoresis), and others (ultrafiltration and precipitation)..
Protein crystallization is classified into instruments (liquid-handling systems & robots, crystallization plates/microplates, and others) and reagents/consumables (crystallization screens and others). Furthermore, protein crystallography is bifurcated into X-ray crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, cryo-electron microscopy and others (SAXS). Based on product, the market is classified into instruments, reagents/consumables, and services & software. Based on end user, the market is categorized into pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government institutes, and academic institutions. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Jena Bioscience, Molecular Dimensions, MiTeGen, QIAGEN, Rigaku, Bruker, Formulatrix, Art Robbins Instruments, Tecan, and FEI is also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global protein crystallization and crystallography market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain is taken into account to help understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2016-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions are provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Protein Crystallization And Crystallography Market Key Segments:
- Protein Purification
- Affinity Chromatography
- Ion Exchange Chromatography
- High Pressure Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Gel-filtration Chromatography
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Others (Ultrafiltration and Precipitation)
- Protein Crystallization
- Liquid-handling Systems & Robots
- Crystallization Plates/Microplates
- Crystallization Screens
- Protein Crystal Mounting
- Protein Crystallography
- X-ray Crystallography
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Cryo-electron Microscopy
- Others (SAXS)
By Product Type
- Services & Software
By End User
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Biotechnology Companies
- Government Institutes
- Academic Institutions
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA