A Protonic Ceramic Fuel Cell (PCFC) is a special type of fuel cell. The material used in PCFC has high protonic conductivity that exhibits at high temperature. In PCFC, hydrocarbon fuel is used as anode in the presence of water. This fuel is further broken down into carbon dioxide, electrons, and protons, these protons move through the ceramic layer toward the cathode. PCFC shares kinetic and thermal advantages of high temperature operation at 700 °C. High operating temperature is necessary to attain high electrical fuel efficiency. Due to low pollutant emissions and high conversion efficiency, PCFC is expected to emerge as the next-generation power system.
Factors such as new technologies in hydrogen storage, need for more resilient energy systems, and increasing private & public investments are driving the growth of the global protonic ceramic fuel cell market. Its advantage over backup power options and higher energy density compared to battery is further fueling the overall market growth. However, fuel infrastructure, durability of fuel cell, and high cost of catalysts are the factors that restrain the market growth. Use of cheaper metals, high demand for fuel cell vehicles, and emerging new technologies are anticipated to offer new growth opportunities to this market during the forecast period.
The global protonic ceramic fuel cell market is segmented on the basis type, application, and region. By type, it is divided into PEMFC, AFC, MCFC, SOFC, DMFC, and PAFC. By application, it is classified into transport, stationary, and portable. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players that operate in the global protonic ceramic fuel cell market include Sunrise Power Solutions, Ballard Power Systems, PLUG POWER INC., FuelCell Energy, Hydrogenics, Pearl Hydrogen Technology Co. Ltd., Nedstack, Hyster-Yale Group, Intelligent Energy Limited, and TW Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies. Major players have adopted various strategies such as acquisitions, partnerships, collaboration, joint ventures, agreements, expansions, and new product launches to create a strong consumer base in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The market size has been analyzed across all regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for building strategies.
- The report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
Protonic Ceramic Fuel Cell (PCFC) Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Intelligent Energy Limited,, PLUG POWER INC, Nedstack, Hyster-Yale Group, Sunrise Power Solutions, FuelCell Energy, Ballard Power Systems, TW Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies, Hydrogenics, Pearl Hydrogen Technology Co. Ltd
Other Key Market Players
Intelligent Energy, Nuvera fuel cells