Prurigo Nodularis is referred as the skin disease that causes hard, itchy lumps on the skin. It may or may not be the first manifestation of the chronic autoimmune cholestatic hepatitis and it can be seen with severely decreased kidney function and uremic pruritis. In this case, the itching can be severe making the people to scratch themselves to the point of the bleeding or pain. Scratching can further lead to skin lesions to appear. It may be worsened by heat, sweating or irritation from the clothing. The diagnosis for this follows the skin biopsy and blood tests to check for the signs of disease such as thickened nerves in the skin. The treatment for the prurigo nodularis is considered as one of the challenging tasks. It’s because patients may respond differently for the drugs administered. Prurigo nodularis uses products for the treatment includes corticosteroid creams, corticosteroid injections, menthol ointments, capsaicin cream, oral corticosteroids, oral antihistamines (zonalon, pramoxine), oral steroids, anti-depressant pills, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and so on. Also, there are other procedures used in case if these treatments are not effective. They are cryotherapy, photochemotherapy, immunosuppressants therapies are used for the treatment. If the lesions get infected by some of the bacteria, it can be treated by antibiotics or antibiotic ointments.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Impact Analysis
Increase in prevalence of diseases like prurigo nodularis, bacterial infection and increase in the number of the patients of the same are supposed to fuel the growth of the market. The main focus point for the market players is the population between the age group of 20 –60 years and also the patients suffering from HIV and Atopic Dermatitis. Furthermore, increase in awareness about the treatment among the population may help to drive the growth of the market. Various new innovations in the field of the treatment may also make the opportunities for the market to grow.
However, lack of expenditure in the treatment sector and side effects following the drug treatment are expected to hamper the growth of the prurigo nodularis treatment market.
New product launches to flourish the market:
In April 2020, the release of the results from 2 phase three trials for the drug called ‘Serlopitant’ that is used in the treatment of prurigo nodularis was announced by the VYNE Therapeutics Inc., from New Jersey.
In December 2019, the Galderma S.A announced that the U.S FDA has granted the breakthrough therapy designation to the investigational therapy of ‘Nemolizumab’ for the treatment of prurigo nodularis.
Surge in the usage of the prurigo Nodularis drugs:
The increase in the prevalence of the disease and spread of the awareness of the treatment of the same helps to increase the use of the drug products in the market. Moreover, the decrease in the side effects by launching new drug entities can lead to surge in the usage of the prurigo nodularis drugs.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global prurigo nodularis treatment industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global prurigo nodularis treatment market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global prurigo nodularis treatment market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global prurigo nodularis treatment market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the prurigo nodularis treatment market research report:
- What are the leading market players active in the prurigo nodularis treatment market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Prurigo Nodularis Treatment Market Report Highlights
By Drug Class
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Bayer AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck and Co., Inc, Johnson and Johnson, Sanofi S.A, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Galderma S.A, Celgene Corporation, Pfizer Inc, Menlo Therapeutics Inc
Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd, VYNE Therapeutics Inc