Pulmonary drug delivery systems deliver drug to the lung for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract. This route is preferred broadly due to non-invasive technique, large surface area for absorption, high blood circulation, and permeability rate.
Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as tuberculosis, bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, limitations of traditional treatments for pulmonary delivery, better penetrability of drug, minimum dosage requirement, technological advancements, and increase in smoking is expected to drive the market growth. However, regulatory issues related to approval of pulmonary drug delivery systems and high pricing pressures majorly limit the market growth. Factors such as growth opportunities in emerging nations and rise of online marketing channels offer growth opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
The global pulmonary drug delivery systems market is categorized on the basis of product, application, distribution channel, and geography. On the basis of product, it is divided into metered dose inhalers (manually-actuated pressurized inhaler and breath-actuated pressurized inhaler), nebulizers (jet nebulizers, ultrasonic nebulizers, and vibrating mesh nebulizers), and dry powder inhalers (single dose inhalers and multi-dose inhalers). . On the basis of application, the market is segregated into asthma, cystic fibrosis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and others. On the basis of distribution channel, it is further classified into retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, and e-commerce. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players in the market include AstraZeneca plc., Boehringer Ingelheim Gmbh, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Novartis AG, Koninklijke Philips N.V., 3M company, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Clement Clarke International, Briggs Healthcare, and Aerogen.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps in understanding the various types of products used for pulmonary drug delivery.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Systems Market Key Segments:
- Dry Powder Inhalers
- Single-Dose Inhalers
- Multi-Dose Inhalers
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Manually-Actuated Pressurized Inhaler
- Breath-Actuated Pressurized Inhaler
- Jet Nebulizers
- Ultrasonic Wave Nebulizers
- Vibrating Mesh Nebulizers
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Cystic Fibrosis
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA