Pulmonary hypertension is a state of the body in which the blood pressure rises in the arteries. Pulmonary hypertension drugs belong to the class of anti-hypertensives drugs that are used specifically to treat pulmonary hypertension. In addition, this class of drugs treats other life-threatening diseases such as arrhythmias, ryanoids syndrome, cephalagra, and angina.
Factors such as increase in geriatric population, healthcare expenditure, prevalence of hypertension, and healthcare awareness fuel the growth of the market. However, stringent government regulations and side-effects associated with the drugs such as hypotension, gastric ulcers, and congestive heart failure hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities are anticipated to present new growth opportunities.
The market is segmented on the basis of product, application, and region. By product, the market is divided into prostacyclin & prostacyclin analogs, endothelin receptor antagonists, phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors, and soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators. Based on application, the market is categorized into early-stage drug candidates (phase I & phase II) and late-stage drug candidates (phase III & registration phase). By region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the pulmonary hypertension drug market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market has been provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities in terms of value.
- Extensive analysis of different segments helps understand various products of the market.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Pulmonary Hypertension Drug Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Abbott Laboratories, AstraZeneca plc, F. Hoffmann La Roche AG, Vectura Group plc, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck and Co., Inc., Pfizer Inc.