Pulping is a process of extracting cellulose from wood as well as other raw materials for paper making. The primary purpose of pulping is to convert wood into cellulose-free fibers. The chemicals used in pulping process are known as pulping chemicals. These chemicals are used in pulp to produce high-quality papers by allowing a better separation of cellulose fibers. Pulping chemicals are the integral part of chemical pulping process, which reduces the consumption of water and energy as compared to mechanical pulping.
A variety of chemicals are used in chemical pulping process such as caustic soda, sulfurous acid, and sodium sulfide. The demand for pulping chemicals is increasing due to surge in paperboard packaging applications. Moreover, factors such as increase in demand for paper recycling and rise in demand from the packaging industry are driving the growth of the global pulping chemicals market. However, high price, environmental hazards caused due to pulping chemicals, and implementation of stringent regulations on the use of chemicals are restraining the growth of the market. Conversely, broad research on pulping and paper quality enhancements is anticipated to offer future growth opportunity to the market.
The global pulping chemicals market is segmented into pulping process, chemical type, and region. On the basis of pulping process, the market is categorized into Kraft pulping process, soda pulping process, and sulfite pulping process. According to chemical type, it is classified into anthraquinone, sodium sulfate, sulfur, sodium sulfites, sulfur dioxide, soda ash, sulfuric acid, lime, caustic soda, and others. Region wise, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in global pulping chemicals market include Nouryon, BASF SE, The Dow Chemical Company, Kemira, Clariant, Imerys, Arkema, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Peroxychem, and Solvay Chemicals Inc. These major players have adopted various strategies such as acquisitions, partnerships, collaboration, joint ventures, agreements, expansions, and new product launches to create a strong consumer base in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The pulping chemicals market size has been analyzed across all regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- The pulping chemicals market report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Major countries in the regions have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The pulping chemicals market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
Pulping Chemicals Market Report Highlights
By PULPING PROCESS
By CHEMICALS TYPE
Key Market Players
Arkema, Nouryon, Kemira, Clariant, Archer Daniels Midland Company, PeroxyChem, The Dow Chemical Company, Solvay Chemicals Inc., Imerys, BASF SE