Pulse Radar Market Outlook-2027
Pulse radar System is a radar system that determines target distance up to more than 200 nautical miles by pulse timing techniques. Pulse radar uses duplexer common to both transmitter and receiver and works by emitting short and powerful pulses and receives echo signals during the silent period. Pulse radar systems are primarily used in the aerospace & defense sector for target recognition, guide weapon in missile system, map enemy locations as they can measure range, and velocity in presence of multiple objects as well as provide higher signal to noise ratio (SNR).
Pulse radars are used to guide space vehicles for safe landing, observe planetary systems, track satellites, and monitor meteors as they are able to reject unwanted echoes using Doppler filters and offer better accuracy and range resolution, hence enhancing product quality standards. Air surveillance pulse radars are used to control air traffic near airports, scan airports for ground vehicle positions as well as monitor sea ice to ensure smooth route for ships since they offer better performance for airborne low speed targets. Ongoing technological advancements and rise in need of efficiency to detect security threats imply that the pulse radar market share would undergo considerable growth in the coming years.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Drivers, Trends, and Impact Analysis
Rise in adoption of automated equipment to detect security threats or any unauthorized object within premises, owing to increase in terrorism and territorial conflicts primarily drives the pulse radar market growth. However, pulse radar systems with high repetition frequency have poor accuracy and target resolution along with unfavorable climatic conditions, which hamper the market growth.
On the other hand, use of this automotive system in weather forecasting, controlling movement of autonomous vehicles by alerting about obstacles, and determining vehicle speed further boosts pulse radar market revenue. Huge investments by governments in R&D as well as technological advancements leading to use of radar systems in extraterrestrial activities to monitor meteors and satellites present new pathways to the pulse radar industry.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market:
Key pulse radar market players adopt necessary methods to improve design, quality, and functionality of radar systems with a view to address emerging threats along with precision pointing, tracking optics, and radar and signal processing to protect citizens and critical assets.
In March 2020, Lockheed Martin, a global security and aerospace company, delivered two Long Range Discrimination Radar (LRDR) antenna arrays to Alaska as a part of the Missile Defense Agency’s LRDR program. The two radar antenna arrays comprise 20panels each 27feet tall and measuring approximately 4 stories high and wide. Temporary structures in front of the radar facility ensure that panels are installed on time, irrespective of weather conditions. LRDR Radar systems are built on solid state radar (SSR) technologies based on open architecture platform along with proven ballistic missile defense algorithms.
LRDR is built on S-band radar technology, which is the latest introduced in the line of S-band radars. The S-band radar technology comprises scalable GaN (Gallium Nitride) based sub array radar building block that offers advanced performance and increased efficiency to threats as well as conducts detailed testing to prove maturity of system and reduce fielding risk. Solid-state radar is a multi-missile system that detects, tracks sophisticated air missile threats, and counters lethal objects in enemy ballistic missiles.
Surge in use in Automotive and Industrial applications:
Pulse radar systems are incorporated in automotive applications such as collision avoidance system, blind spot detection, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control systems to fulfil demand of safety, comfort, and assistance features in smart autonomous vehicles.
In April 2020, Lockheed Martin, a global security and aerospace company, delivered the Sentinel A4 Radar system, an air and missile defense radar to the US army. This mature radar solution features improved capability against cruise missiles, unmanned aerial systems, rockets, artillery, and mortar threats. These highly reliable ground-based radar solutions are fully integrated with SSR systems that can provide enhanced surveillance, detection, and classification abilities against current and emerging aerial threats with a view to protect security forces and static assets such as tactical assembly areas and geo-political centers. This scalable radar architecture allows future upgrades that would extend the lifespan of the radar and enables counter target acquisition in all environments.
Key benefits of the stakeholders:
- The study gives an analytical overview of the pulse radar market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed market analysis.
- The current pulse radar market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
Covid-19 Scenario Analysis
- Emergence of coronavirus has become a disastrous issue worldwide. There is a halt in production process, owing to the global lockdown scenario causing disruption in the overall supply chain of pulse radar systems. COVID-19 outbreak has also caused lag in meeting demands of end users as the epicenter of virus outbreak Wuhan, China accounts for the largest manufacturing items of electronic components.
- Currently, demand for pulse radar systems in healthcare and other emergency services is driving sales revenue temporarily. It is used in biomedical purposes for remote monitoring of artery walls, vocal cord movements, heart rate, breathing patters, and other metabolic processes within the body of infected patients to determine symptoms of corona disease. In addition, these radar systems are incorporated in drones and unmanned vehicles to track and detect location of virus outbreak and monitor and assist people in following lockdown restrictions and social distancing guidelines. Organizations have also installed radars to determine room occupancy with a view to maintain social distancing measures and monitor heartbeat rate of people in the room.
- The overall pulse radar market is expected to suffer temporary demand loss, owing to temporary unprecedented ban on travel activities as well as industrial operations. The concerned industry is anticipated to make steady rebound after commencement of production operations thereby aiding to balance the demand-supply chain with rise in demand.
Questions answered in the Pulse Radar Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the pulse radar market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the pulse radar market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the pulse radar market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Pulse Radar Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Raytheon Corp., Rockwell Collins, General Dimension, Lockheed Martin Corp., Honeywell International, Thales Group, Northrop Grumman, Kelvin Hughes, BAE Systems, Dassault