Pulses are now considered to be an important part of consumer’s diet worldwide. They are rich source of protein and possess other nutritional benefits as well. Pulses provide complex carbohydrates, important vitamins, and minerals like iron & folate. Owing to the multiple benefits pulses offer, there had been constant increase in the demand within the global pulses market. Moreover, they do not possess any cholesterol and harmful fatty acids and thus this could also lead to boost in demand within the forecasted time period.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The closure of factories due to COVID-19 led to the decline in the packaging of the pulses in the industries. This not only affected the scale of production but also the growth of these industries.
- The online platforms, shops, and retail stores were shut due to lockdown observed worldwide. This also affected the trade of these products which in turn hampered the sales of pulses in various countries around the world.
- The sale of the food additives is expected to grow after worldwide release of the lockdown situation due to COVID-19.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Rise in the population of vegans is major contributor toward the growth of the pulses market as pulses are considered to be a vegetarian alternative to the animal based protein. Pulses also possess the tendency to decrease the concentration of harmful gases within the environment and their cultivation helps in lowering the greenhouse gas levels. Hence governments within various countries are encouraging the farming of pulses.
Rise in health concerns among the people also boosts the demand for pulses. Health conscious consumers are incorporating the pulses in the various dishes within their diets owing to different health benefits it offers.
The global pulses market trends are as follows:
Demand for Chick Peas
Among all the pulses, chick pea is performing really well in the global market. It is getting popular due to the health benefits it offers as helps to increase the antioxidants supply, decrease risks related to cardiovascular, and improve the blood regulation within the body.
Geographically, India is considered to be the major producer of the pulses and holds around one-fourth proportion of the total market. Considering the importance, government of India has also introduced several crop production technologies within the country and provided the financial assistance to the farmers. Other important producers are Myanmar, China, Canada, and Brazil.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the pulses industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global pulses market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global pulses market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global pulses market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Pulses Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the pulses market?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Pulses Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
B&G Foods, NHC Foods Limited, General Mills, Kraft Heinz, Cargill, BroadGrain Commodities Inc., Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Prime Seeds International Inc., AGT Food and Ingredients, Adani Wilmar