Punch Laser Machine Market Outlook - 2027
A punch laser machine is used to create hole-intensive parts in a short period. These machines eliminate the need for secondary operations, and the changeover between punching and cutting is highly efficient that it does not need any human intervention. These machines use laser technology to punch materials with precision and are majorly used in industrial manufacturing applications. There are three types of lasers that are commonly used in punch laser machines that are fiber lasers, CO2 lasers, and solid-state lasers. These machines are highly flexible and has the capability to produce cuts without numerous endeavors.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the punch laser machine industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of punch laser machine market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
Escalating usage of metal fabrication systems due to adoption of industrial automation across various industries like construction, automotive, energy, and others is a major factor that is expected to drive the growth of the punch laser machine market in the upcoming years. Besides, advanced features offered by punch laser machines over other punching machines such as high processing and cutting speeds is another key factor that can potentially fuel the growth of the punch laser machine market for the next few years. Moreover, rapid growth of automation in the industrial sector can boost the growth of the punch laser machine market. However, lack of awareness about punch laser machines among manufacturers is a restraining factor that is hindering the market growth. On the contrary, increasing investments for R&D in light-based technologies or photonics are anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the punch laser machine market during the forecast period.
Trends in the punch laser machine market
Business growth strategies by key market players
The key market players in the punch laser machine market are adopting various growth strategies, like mergers, acquisitions, new product offerings, innovations, collaborations, and partnerships to prevail in the highly competitive market. To cite an instance, in 2019, AMADA HOLDINGS CO., LTD., a Japanese manufacturing company announced that it has decided to construct a human-friendly next-generation manufacturing model using IoT at its main production facilities in japan through collaborative creation with Hitachi which manufactures laser machines. Such new business expansion strategies by key market players are anticipated to create a significant positive impact on the growth of the punch laser machine market during the forecast period.
Increasing adoption of fiber laser welding machines
There are different types of laser welding machines available such as fiber laser welding machines, CO2 laser welding machines, and solid-state laser welding machines. Among all the types of laser welding machines, the fiber laser welding technology is expected to develop at a fast pace. The fiber lasers efficiently deliver light on the target area of the metal. The fiber lasers do not require any expensive optical mirrors. The fiber laser welding technology enables to channel and amplify light through fiber optic cable. Also, more advantages of fiber laser welding machines are low heat output, high precision, low energy consumption, and cost-effective way of achieving high quality welds. These features of fiber laser welding machines over other type of laser welding machines can increase the demand for these machines for end-use applications. Higher demand for fiber laser welding machines can eventually result in the positive growth of the laser welding machine market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the global punch laser machine market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the punch laser machine market growth.
- The report gives information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in-depth analysis of the global punch laser machine market.
- Segmentation details of the global punch laser machine market.
- The report gives a comprehensive global punch laser machine market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in the coming years.
Punch Laser Machine Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Trumpf, Dallan, Danobat, Prima Industrie, Danobatgroup, Exapro, Amada Holdings, Murata Machinery