Purging compounds are commercial cleaning compounds utilized to clean thermoplastic molding machines and extruders. It contains a base resin and other additives purposed to clean the screw, barrel, and extruder die. Purging compound is also used for removal of color and carbon deposits, cleaning hot runner mold, and color & material changes. Purging compounds clean machines faster and better compared to conventional cleaning methods such as purging with virgin resin or regrind. In addition, their uses have been found to be instrumental in decreasing scrap rates caused by color and polymer changes. These all factors play a crucial role in enhancing process efficiencies and optimizing the entire manufacturing processes associated with thermoplastics. Mechanical purging compounds are used for cleaning of plastic processing machines. Chemicals are used to break down the polymer residue in barrels, screws, and other machines parts, to reduce the molecular weight and viscosity of polymers, which, in turn, helps in flushing them automatically from the machines. Liquid purging compounds are concentrated and water-based additives, and typically act as surfactants that help in the removal of deposits from metal surfaces.
Low chances of wear and tear of the machine, reduction of screw pull, removal of scrap and improvement in the productivity of the machine are the key factors driving the growth of the purging compounds market. Moreover, reduction in the downtime of the machine and avoiding rejection of machine parts are also the additional aspects which are demanding the need of purging compounds. Less time consumption and wide usage of plastic in industries are also driving the growth of the purging compounds market. However, growth of the purging compound market is restrained by high cost of purging compounds. Benefits related to purging compounds such as less scrap, reduced downtime, low production cost, and less material waste is predicted to offer growth opportunities to the market during the forecast period.
The global purging compound market is divided into different segments by type, process, and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into mechanical purge, chemical purge and liquid purge. By process type, the segmentation is done into extrusion, injection molding and blow molding. Based on region, the global purging compound is segmented across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. North America holds the highest market share in the purging compound market.
Some of the key players operating in the global purging compound market are Chem-Trend L.P., Dynapurge, Neutrex Inc., PCS company, Sun Plastech Inc., Plastixs LLC., Ultra-Purge, Easypurge, Uniform Color Company and wells plastics.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- The global purging compound market size has been analyzed across all regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the purging compound industry for building strategies.
- The report outlines the current purging compound market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- Major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The global purging compound market analysis covers in-depth information of the major industry participants.
Purging Compound Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Ultra-Purge, Sun Plastech, Inc., Easypurge, PCS company, Dynapurge, Wellsplastics, Chem-Trend L.P., Plastixs LLC., Neutrex, Inc., Uniform Color Company