Push lawn mowers are machines that consist of one or more revolving blades to cut the grass surface according to the required shape and sizes. The height of grass can be adjusted by the lever mounted on the mower. Manual, petrol, electric and robotic push lawn mowers are available in the market. Manual push lawn mowers required skilled labors to cut the grass according to requirement. Petrol push lawn mowers consist of an internal combustion engine, fueled by petrol to run the blades. Electric push lawn mowers either consist of battery or a direct source of electric power to function. Robotic push lawn mowers are the novel product in the market. These provide high degree of automation and require minimum or no human effort to perform the operations. Finishing and accuracy provided by robotic push lawn mowers is excellent in comparison of petrol and electric push lawn mowers. Push lawn mower is used by both residential and commercial sectors due to rise in demand for attractive garden space and surrounding such as walking areas, side paths and open lounges in corporate office. This boosts the growth of the market
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the push lawn mowers industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of push lawn mowers market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of push lawn mowers in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for push lawn mowers was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for push lawn mowers.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Push lawn mowers manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Push lawn mowers manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
High demand for appealing and attractive garden space and lawns for households and commercial offices is one of the key driving factors for the market growth. People are turning toward gardening and lawn caring owing to the COVID-19 outbreak and lockdown. This factor is expected to create an opportunity for the growth of the pushes lawn mowers market. Dependency on automatic tools and robots for taking care of big lawns, sports grounds and open lounges is expected to boost the demand for robotic, petrol and electric push lawn mowers. High cost of robotic push lawn mowers can hamper the market growth but market of electric and petrol lawn mowers is at maturity and expected to maintain the consistency after COVID-19. Use of artificial synthetic turf is replacing the natural grass, which may hamper the market growth and can be considered as a threat for the growth of the lawn mower market.
- According ScottsMiracle-Gro's survey published in June 2020, half of the adult population of America, spent maximum time in gardening during lockdown. This factor is expected create the opportunity for push lawn mower market in the U.S.
- Manufacturers are consistently trying to improve the product with higher efficiency and accuracy. Honda has replaced its Honda HRR series with HRN series of lawn mowers, which produces more power and torque in comparison, in August 2019.
- Manufacturers are spending enough cost and time to increase the power and run time of the push lawn mowers. In July, 2020, Makita USA Inc. has introduced, 18V X2 (36V) LXT Brushless Cordless 21", which is a self-propelled lawn mower with an option of mounting two batteries simultaneously which will increase the run time and reduce the labor cost.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the push lawn mower market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the push lawn mower market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the push lawn mower market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed push lawn mower market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Push Lawn Mowers Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Lawn-Boy, Toro, Snapper, Honda, Craftsman, Troy Bilt, Canadiantire, Menards, Cubcadet, Husqvarna