In PVC windows, polyvinyl chloride is used to manufacture the window frames. PVC is heated to certain temperature and then poured into a mold of desired shape and size. After the molding process, frame is sent to further cooling process. Once the cooling is done, it is sent for cutting and assembling with other component to create window. Turn & tilt window, sliding window and casement window are available in the market of PVC window. Turn and tilting window are usually used in households. Sliding and casement window are used in warehouses, corporate offices, and hospitals in majority. Use of sliding window is increasing in households as well. PVC windows are preferred by both residential and commercial sectors due to high weather resistant properties, better noise cancellation and less maintenance. The PVC window market is expected to grow in the near future due to rapid growth of construction and housing industry.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the PVC windows industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of PVC windows market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of PVC windows in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for PVC windows was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for PVC windows.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. PVC windows manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- PVC windows manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in demand for effective, less costly, and low maintenance window in construction industry is a key driving factor for the market growth of PVC windows. Wooden windows are costly when compared with PVC windows and require time to time maintenance, which is cost driven. This factor is attracting the consumers in both residential and commercial sectors and helping in market growth of PVC windows. PVC windows are highly weather resistant and provide better noise cancellation than wooden window. It is also thermal energy resistant and help in keeping the temperature low inside the rooms. These are the factors which are creating opportunities for the growth of the PVC window market at a global level. PVC windows are light weight and easy to fix. However, due to light weight, these are easy to break when compared with wooden windows when subjected to sudden impact. This factor limits the growth of the PVC windows market. Use of conventional window such as wood and glass can be considered as a threat to the PVC window market.
- Lucintel which is a global management consulting and market research firm forecasted that turn and tilt windows dominates the sales of PVC window and is projected to witness consistent growth in the upcoming year.
- Residential sector is dominating the market and holds the major part of total consumption in the global PVC window market.
- Asia-Pacific dominates the market in the region segment. Rapid growth of the construction industry in China, India, Japan and Malaysia holds the major share in consumption of PVC windows.
- Consistent research and innovation is in focus of manufacturer to sustain in the market and provide better options to consumer. Fully reversible window and cellular PVC windows are the novel creation which are expected to dominate the growth of the PVC windows market in near future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the PVC windows market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the PVC windows market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the PVC windows market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed PVC windows market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
PVC Window Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Schuco, Aluplast GmbH, Masco Corporation, PGT Inc., Griffon, Lixil Group, Eurocell, Epwin Group, Deceuninck NV, Associated Materials, Fortune Brands Home & Security