Physical vapor deposition is a vacuum deposition method which is used for producing thin films and coating. In this process, material goes through condensation process. The most common process of physical vapor deposition is sputtering and evaporation. Ion Beam Sputtering (IBS) and Dual Ion Beam (Sputter) Deposition (IBD) are the examples of PVD equipment. Materials used for PVD coating include ceramics and metal. PVD coating is hard and corrosion resistant and durable due to which PVD coaters are widely used for microelectronic, solar products, cutting tools and medical equipment. PVD coaters are also used for maintenance of already coated equipment which creates an aftermarket for it. PVD coating is also used in aerospace, automotive, optics and jewelry which is creating opportunities for the market growth of PVD coaters at global level.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of PVD coaters in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for PVD coaters was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, China, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for PVD coaters.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. PVD coater’s manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans.
Top Impacting Factors
PVD process deposits metal and ceramic in uniformity. It provides better adhesion than electroplating and wider choice of material to be deposited, which boosts the demand for PVD coaters at a global level. PVD coaters can deposit the material at affordable cost. Thus, companies prefer PVD coating than electroplating, which in turn drives the market growth. In addition, PVD coating is ecofriendly and emits no harmful chemical during the process. This can create more opportunities for PVD coater in the countries where norms and standard of labor safety are very strict. Rapid growth of electronic, optical and glass industry, which is the major consumer of PVD coaters, also fosters the market growth. Some PVD coater operate at very high temperature and vacuum, which requires special attention, which increases the labor effort resulting in increase in cost. This factor is projected to hamper the market growth of PVD coaters.
- In the material segment, metal used for PVD coating is dominating the market and consumed at highest level. Some of the metals which are commonly used for PVD coating for commercial purpose are zinc, chromium, tin, titanium, bronze and nickel.
- Asia-Pacific is the major dominator in the region segment followed by North America and Europe. China and India are the dominating countries in the global PVD coater markets.
- China has the largest electronic market in the world, where electronic products such LED, smart phones, electronic toys and spare parts of smartphone are manufactured and shipped to various parts of world. Due to this, consumption of PVD coating is in great demand and it contributes largest part in revenue generation of global PVD coater market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the PVD coater market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the PVD coater market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the PVD coater market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed PVD coater market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
PVD Coaters Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Evatec,, Mustang Vacuum Systems,, Optorun,, Veeco Instruments,, ULVAC,, Tango System., Satisloh,, Von Ardenne,, Shincron,, Buhler,, Canon Anelva,, Denton Vacuum,, Applied Materials,