Quantum cascade lasers (QCLs) are semiconductor lasers that offer peak emission in the mid-IR range (4 um to 10 um). They are used as a popular light source for mid-IR applications such as molecular gas analysis. It is much more miniaturized than the normal electron-hole pair lasers. It is faster and requires less power than earlier Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) and mass spectroscopy systems. QC lasers rely only on one type of carrier, they are the electrons. So they are also called the unipolar lasers.
QCLs offer enormous potential in biomedical, sensing, R&D, military, and homeland security areas. These high-power lasers with low failure rate, robust fabrication, and long-life time boost the market growth. Its usage in LIDAR, industrial process control, automotive cruise control, and collision avoidance radar makes way for market growth opportunities. However, changing customer needs and costs associated with broadening the scope of QCL-based systems restrains the market growth.
The quantum cascade lasers market is segmented based on packaging type, operation mode, industry vertical, and geography. On the basis of packaging type, the market is divided into C-Mount, HHL & VHL Package, and TO3 package. On the basis of operation mode, it is bifurcated into continuous wave and pulsed. According to industry vertical, it is categorized into industrial, medical, telecommunication, and defense. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in the market include Block Engineering, Inc., Wavelength Electronics, Inc., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Thorlabs, Inc., Alpes lasers SA, mirSense, AdTech Optics, Pranalytica Inc., AKELA Laser Corporation, and nanoplus Nanosystems and Technologies GmbH.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the quantum cascade laser market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The report provides information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 are provided to showcase the financial competence of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
Quantum Cascade Lasers Market Key Segmentation
By Packaging type
- HHL & VHL Package
- TO3 Package
By Operation Mode
By Industry Vertical
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Block Engineering, Inc.
- Wavelength Electronics, Inc.
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Thorlabs, Inc.
- Alpes lasers SA
- AdTech Optics
- Pranalytica Inc.
- AKELA Laser Corporation
- nanoplus Nanosystems and Technologies GmbH.