Quarry tiles are building material made by extrusion process, press forming, and firing natural clay or shale. Quarry tiles are usually 13 to 19 mm thick. Common size of quarry tiles is 4*8 or 8*8 inches, which is preferred by the consumers. Manufacturing of quarry tiles are usually created from clay at very high temperature ~2000 F. These tiles were unglazed and red, grey or black in color. In modern day, variety of colors is offered as per the requirement by manufacturer of quarry tiles. Clay, shell, and feldspar are the types of quarry tiles available in the market. For floor, quarry tiles is set on a thick cement mortar bed, while, for walls, it can be set on thick as well as thin set of cement mortar bed. Quarry tiles offer attractive and finishing look to the walls and floors, because of which, it is preferred by both residential and commercial sector.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the quarry tiles industry attributed to the lockdown in countries worldwide. This has hampered the growth of quarry tiles market in 2020 and, is likely to revive in 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of quarry tiles in the second and third quarter of 2020 and is reviving in 2021.
- The major demand for quarry tiles was previously noticed from countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and India, which are negatively affected by the spread of the corona virus, thereby declining the demand for quarry tiles.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Quarry tiles manufacturers can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players have to modify their investment plans. For instance, various players in the market halted their production activities for several weeks to reduce the expenses. Whereas few players also adopted employee lay-offs to sustain during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Quarry tiles manufacturers are expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce.
Top Impacting Factors
Quarry tiles is preferred by the consumer due to rise in demand for attractive and appealing construction of houses and commercial offices in construction industry. Quarry tiles offer better finishing and design to floor and walls, which drives the market growth. In addition, quarry tiles are moisture, soiling and slip resistant, and thus are widely used in kitchens, hotel, and restaurants. This is another factor which fosters the market growth of quarry tiles. Quarry tiles can also work in extreme condition, which creates an opportunity to be used in commercial sector and outdoor locations. Rise in cost of raw material required in manufacturing quarry tiles increases its production and product price, which can hamper the market growth of quarry tiles. Use of ceramic tiles, glass tiles, and marble tiles are the other options available for costumer in competition of quarry tiles, which can be a threat to the market growth.
- Asia-Pacific region dominates the quarry tiles market due to rapid construction and housing activities. Government in India promotes construction of official and commercial buildings, which increases the demand for quarry tiles in India and leads toward market growth in the Asia-Pacific region. China is the second largest consumer in the Asia-Pacific region after India. During COVID-19 lockdown, construction activities were on hold, which impacted the consumption rate.
- North America and Europe is experiencing a steady but significant trend of consumption of quarry tiles. In North America and Europe, people are opting for quarry tiles because of the attributes offered by these tiles.
- Middle East and Latin America holds the minimum consumption rate among all regions, and is expected to exhibit growth in near future.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the quarry tiles market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the quarry tiles market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the quarry tiles market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed quarry tiles market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Quarry Tiles Markets Report
- Who are the leading global players in the quarry tiles market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are quarry tiles?
- What is quarry tiles market prediction in the future?
- What are the challenges faced in the quarry tiles market?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the key benefits of the quarry tiles market report?
Quarry Tiles Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Ketley Brick Co Ltd,, Fuzhou Ankang Energy Science and Technology,, lfagres., Metropolitan Ceramics,, American Olean,, Quarry Tile company,, Daltile,, Summitville Tiles,, Cawarden Brick and Tile Company Limited,, CIPA GRES SpA,