Quinidine sulfate is a pharmaceutical component, which acts as a class I antiarrhythmic agent in the heart. The mechanism of action of quinidine sulfate involves blocking the fast inward sodium current, and is dependent upon the use. For instance, at higher heart rates, the block increases, while at lower heart rates the block decreases. Quinidine sulfate is considered to be the most effective antiarrhythmic agent against atrial or ventricular arrhythmias. The major factors that fuel the growth of the global quinidine sulfate market are increase in incidence of arrhythmia and other diseases, such as malaria, that require quinidine sulfate treatment. In addition, increase in awareness among people towards the usage and appropriate dosage of quinidine sulfate supplements the market growth. However, health risks due to the use of antiarrhythmic drug, specifically in patients suffering from structural heart disease, restrains the growth of the market. Conversely, increase in R&D activities to explore the potential of quinidine sulfate in the treatment of various diseases is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the growth of market.
The report segments the market on the basis of route of administration, application, end user, and region. Based on route of administration, the market is divided into oral administration, intravenous administration, and others. By application, it is classified into arrhythmias, malaria, and others. In terms of end user, it is categorized into pediatrics, and adults. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this report are Allure Remedies Pvt. Ltd., IPCA Laboratories, Sandoz, Watson Laboratories Inc., Intas Pharmaceuticals, Skymax Laboratories, Cipla, Buchler GmbH Company, Lark Laboratories, and Merck & Co., Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global quinidine sulfate market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding the various forms of quinidine sulfate available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Quinidine Sulfate Market Key Segmentation:
By Route of Administration
- Oral Administration
- Intravenous Administration
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA