Radiation shielding is a process of directing the effects and level of entrance of radioactive beams, according to the type of radiation involved. Radiation shielding can minimize the effect of radiation by blocking particles through a barrier material. Various materials are used for shielding application that include Plexiglas, depleted uranium, tin, antimony and others. Shielding capacity of a material depends on the thickness of the material that is required to absorb half of the radiation. This thickness of the material is called half-thickness.
Factors such as increase in use of nuclear energy, growth in use of radiation therapy, rise in number of diagnostic imaging centers, surge in safety awareness among people, growth in the healthcare industry worldwide, increase in usage of nuclear medicine, and rise in number of nuclear energy plants are driving the growth of the global radiation shielding materials market. However, high cost of MRI systems and radiation shielding equipment hamper the growth of market. Improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging countries is anticipated to create lucrative growth opportunities for the market in future.
The global radiation shielding materials market is segmented into radiation type, material type, end-user, and region. Based on radiation type, the market is categorized into electromagnetic radiation, particle radiation, acoustic radiation, and gravitational radiation. According to material type, the market is segmented into ceramicrete, Plexiglas, depleted uranium, tin, antimony, tungsten, bismuth, lead, rubber, PVC, and others. On the basis of end-user, it is classified into diagnostic centers, hospitals, oncology department, nuclear energy plant, radiography centers, and others.
Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Among these regions, Asia-Pacific dominates the market due to rise in adoption of radiation therapy, increase in number of hospitals, and surge in awareness about radiation safety in countries such as India and China.
Key players operating in the global radiation shielding materials market are ETS-Lindgren, Marshield Radiation Shielding, Nelco Inc., Ray-Bar Engineering Corp., Spira Manufacturing, Sealing Devices Inc., Select Fabricators Inc., Amray Radiation Protection, Gaven Industries, Inc., A&L Shielding, and others. Major players have acquired various strategies such as acquisitions, partnerships, collaboration, joint ventures, agreements, expansions, and new product launches to create a strong consumer base in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The radiation shielding materials market size has been analyzed across all regions.
- Porter’s five force analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- The report outlines the current market trends and future scenario of the market size to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets. The market is forecasted.
- Major countries in the region have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The key drivers, restraints, and market opportunities and their detailed impact analysis are elucidated in the study.
- The radiation shielding materials market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
Radiation Shielding Materials Market Report Highlights
By RADIATION TYPE
Key Market Players
Spira Manufacturing, ETS-Lindgren, Sealing Devices Inc., Gaven Industries, Inc., Marshield Radiation Shielding, Select Fabricators Inc., Ray-Bar Engineering Corp., Nelco Inc., Amray Radiation Protection, A&L Shielding