Radiation therapy utilizes high energy rays to destroy abnormal cells, such as cancer cells, and arrest the growth and division of these cells. Radiations are produced from a machine (external radiation) or from a small container of radioactive material. Diagnostic imaging equipment utilizes electromagnetic radiation to produce images of internal structures of the human body for accurate diagnosis.
The global radiation therapy & diagnostic imaging equipment market is driven by rise in incidence of diseases, such as cancer and other chronic ailments requiring radiation therapy. In addition, rise in demand for oncology information systems (OIS) and sustained increase in healthcare expenditure drive the market growth. However, dearth of medical professionals & systems restrains the market growth. Moreover, advancements in technology, such as automation, and novel radiation therapies, such as plasma radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging equipment, provide opportunities for the market growth.
The global radiation therapy & diagnostic imaging equipment market is segmented based on type, end user, and region. Based on the type, it is classified into computed tomography (CT) scanners, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) systems, linear accelerators, CT simulators, and others. Based on end user, it is divided into hospitals, clinics and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global radiation therapy & diagnostic imaging equipment market are Varian Medical Systems, Elekta AB, Accuray Incorporated, Nordion, Isoray Medical, Raysearch Laboratories AB, Mevion Medical Systems, C.R. Bard, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Theragenics Corporation, P-Cure Ltd., Viewray Inc., Panacea Medical Technologies Pvt. Ltd., and Pronova Solutions, LLC.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global radiation therapy & diagnostic imaging equipment market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type elucidates various forms of radiation therapy and diagnostic imaging equipment available across various regions.
- Key market players and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Radiation Therapy & Diagnostic Imaging Equipment Market Key Segments:
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scanners
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Systems
- Linear Accelerators
- CT Simulators
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA