Radiodermatitis is a side effect of external beam ionizing radiation caused by radiotherapy for underlying malignancies. Development and severity of radiodermatitis is associated with multiple patient and treatment factors such as total radiation dose, duration of radiotherapy, and treatment with chemotherapy.
Growth in number of cancer patients, increase in geriatric population, rise in adoption of radiotherapy procedures, and surge in number of awareness campaigns about treatment of radiodermatitis drive the market. However, dearth of skilled personnel restrains the market. Increase in demand for cancer treatment provides opportunities for the market growth.
The report segments the global radiodermatitis market based on product, distribution channel, and region. Based on product, it is divided into topicals, oral drugs, and dressings. Based on distribution channel, it is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players that operate in the market include Stratpharma AG, Smith & Nephew plc, Molnlycke Health Care AB, and 3M Company.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions is provided that helps determine prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players within the market have been profiled in the report and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Radiodermatitis Market Key Segments:
- Hydrophilic Creams
- Oral Drugs
- Hydrogel & Hydrocolloid Dressings
- No Sting Barrier Film
- Honey-Impregnated Gauze
- Silicone-Coated Dressings
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA