Rail bellows are a vital part of the rail gangway system. Gangway system is a flexible connector fitted at the end of a railway coach, enabling passengers to move from one coach to another without danger of falling from the train. Moreover, to cover the gangway system and to give better protection to the passengers while moving from one to coach to another rail bellow is used which is made of rubber-based material and is flexible. Furthermore, rail bellows act as an insulator to minimize the heat as well as sound level in the train, protect linear bearings, different weather conditions, and rail from dust, dirt & other contaminants. In addition, rail bellows allow train for effective turning ability owing to its structural design capability. For instance, automotive technology company Continental AG manufactures rail bellows using concertina wall materials that can withstand stone chipping, UV radiation, rain, snow, and fire.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Due to COVID-19, the government across all countries declared lockdown and various other restrictions. It has disrupted the manufacturing of coaches and the demand for transportation via railway had also fallen. Moreover, social distancing norms and other restrictions led to the unavailability of labor for working which further affected the manufacturing process. Thus, affecting the demand and supply of rail bellows. Furthermore, the raw material required for the manufacturing of rail bellows was also unavailable which damaged the whole operation. Rail bellow manufacturing is an evolving sector that had a negative impact due to the pandemic which further affected the market.
Top Impacting Factors
Rise in rolling stock & railway coach production, surge in use of railway of travelling, and increase in demand for premium railway coaches will drive growth of the market.
However, fast depreciation and frequent retrofitting hamper growth of the market.
Moreover, rise in use of composite material for production, surge in investment for railway development, and increase in demand for safe& secure transport system acts as an opportunity for growth of the market.
Investment for railway development
- Railway has proven to be the safest and secure mode of transportation. Thus, various developing countries such as India, China, Japan, and others have increased their investment towards the development of their railways.
- For instance, the Indian government has allotted $ 14.8 billion in 2021 for the improvement of railway infrastructure in the country. Similarly, various countries across the globe are also continuously increasing their rail budget to deploy the latest technologies and improve the safety of the passengers.
- Moreover, in 2020, Canadian National Railway (CN) planned to invest $2.92 billion in the development of their railway infrastructure in which $445 million in British Columbia, $305 million for Alberta, and $105 million for Saskatchewan, and in various other areas. Thus, the increased investment in railways by various countries is expected to boost market growth.
Demand for safe & secure transport system
- According to World Health Organisation (WHO), about 1.3 million people die due to traffic road accidents each year. Moreover, 93 % of the world’s fatalities on road occur in low and middle economical countries across the globe through these countries have approximately 60 % of the world’s vehicles. Furthermore, road traffic crashes cost most countries 3 % of their gross domestic product. Thus, demand for safe & secure transportation is increasing since the railway has proved to be a secure mode of transportation for decades it can help in reducing accidents to a level. All these factors can act as various opportunities to drive the growth of the rail bellow market.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rail bellows market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the rail bellows market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the rail bellows market growth scenario.
- The report provides detailed rail bellows market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the rail bellows market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the rail bellows market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rail Bellows Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Materials Type
By Train Type
Key Market Players
Shijiazhuang Anjie Electric Co. Ltd, Bellow and Bus (Pty) ltd, Bosch Rexroth AG, Narita Mfg. Ltd, ATG AUTOTECHNIK GmbH, Airflow Equipments (India) Pvt. Limited, Vulcanite Pty Ltd, HUBNER GmbH & Co. KG, Schliess-und Sicherungssysteme GmbH, Dellner Couplers AB