Rail Freight Transportation Market Outlook - 2027
Rail freight transportation provides acarriage of goods from a point of loading or goods station to a point of unloading. These goods are usually heavy and bulky, for example, coal, building materials, iron, and steel. The rail freight transportation market along with the movement of heavy goods also provides rail freight service. Service providers offer logistics and value-added services. Some of them are loading &documentation, unloading, services, and packaging. Therefore, this helps to boost the rail freight transportation market growth.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 has rapidly affected the construction industry, thus hampering the growth of the rail freight transportation market.
- The market was expected to register significant growth, owing to rapid development in infrastructure. However, due to COVID-19, the market is expected to decline in the near future until the situation becomes stable.
- Several industries play a major role in the freight transportation market. However, they are facing slower production due to the pandemic.
- Lockdown and low demand have adversely affected the passenger transport sector.
- COVID-19 and social distancing restrictions have affected the rail freight transportation market and slowed down processes along with decline in transfer of materials.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Top factors responsible for the growth of the rail freight transportation market are environmental efficiency of rail transport and developing infrastructure &adoption of advanced technologies. However, rise in cost, restrictions imposed on foreign entry, and other barriers hamper the growth of the market. Furthermore, utilization of digital technology on rolling stock and enhanced reliability &safety of operations provide lucrative opportunities for the rail freight transportation market.
Environmental efficiency of rail transportation
Railway is the one of the most environment-friendly and efficient ways to transport people and goods. Railways are the fastest means of transport, which can carry tons of weight with less cost and in less time. Railway enhances the growth of the rail freight transportation market.
Developing infrastructure and adoption of advanced technologies
With the development of infrastructure in several countries, the need for movement of heavy materials used in construction has increased. The adoption of advanced technologies led to fast movement of heavy goods with the help of railways. Therefore, these factors enhance the growth of the rail freight transportation market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the rail freight transportation market along with current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the rail freight transportation market share.
- The current market is analyzed to highlight the rail freight transportation market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the rail freight transportation market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Rail Freight Transportation Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
SNCF, SBB Cargo, Union Pacific, PKP Cargo, CN Railway, CTL Logistics, RSI Logistics, BNSF Railway, Colas Rail, Duetsche Bahn AG, DB Schenker, Nippon Express