Railway maintenance is one of the toughest jobs to be carried out by all the railway managers located worldwide as it involves lots of time and cost. The key players of the market are focusing on the aftersales market in maintenance. Railway maintenance is a process of preserving the railway track and its working condition. Maintenance of the railway tracks is very important for the smooth functioning of the railway services. Some of the machines used for railway maintenance are tampers, dynamic track stabilizers, ballast regulators, ballast cleaners, and others.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Railway maintenance machinery aftersales market specially focuses on providing spare parts, accessories and other goods for servicing and maintenance for railway maintenance machinery. One of emerging scope for the railway maintenance machinery aftersales market is the margins in aftermarket are relatively higher as compared to equipment sales, therefore, the railway maintenance machinery market is increasing its product portfolio for aftermarket, which in turn, fuels its growth. Some approach to maintain a railway asset or services are—corrective railway maintenance, preventive railway maintenance, and predictive railway maintenance.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down large number construction sites, technology advancement companies and others. This has hampered the growth of railway maintenance machinery aftersales market from the last few months and is likely to continue during 2021.
- COVID-19 has already affected the aftersales in the market of railway maintenance machinery. In the first quarter of 2021 and is anticipated to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for aftersales railway maintenance machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, UK, and China, which are negatively affected by the spread of the coronavirus, thereby declining the demand of beveling machines.
- Maintenance of products like tamping machines, stabilizing machines, ballast cleaning machines requires large capital which is not sufficient at this point of time due to COVID-19.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves.
- Railway maintenance machinery market is expected to focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19. For instance, provision of sanitizers, maintaining social distancing, as well as ensuring the vaccination of every employee in the company can assist in promoting the health & safety of the workforce
Top Impacting Factors
The market for railway maintenance machinery is expected to grow owing to the growth in population size globally where more people from rural side are travelling to urban sides in search of jobs. In addition, the key players are adopting new and flexible technology infrastructure to boost the market growth. Further, the aftersales market of Rail Handling Machinery, Tamping Machine, Stabilizing Machinery, Ballast Cleaning Machine is growing as network failures and system outages can be dominated through the new systems.
However, one of the major factors restraining the growth of the market is the high cost of the materials and new technology involved in railway maintenance. In addition, expenses involved in financing a railway management system project can restrain the market growth. The aftersales market of railway service requires huge initial investment to set up field devices.
- The aftersales service of railway maintenance and management is expected to experience growth due to the adoption of Internet of Things. The government and the key players of the industry is applying the technology and that is digital maintenance which can address the limitations of the railway maintenance service. Here, the robotics is indulged into the frame which allows for faster maintenance execution, and that will improve the capacity by increasing the amount of time of rolling for next train. Asia-Pacific countries like Australia, Singapore, and China are spending in the new technologies for digital transformation in railways.
- Hasco Environmental’s BLACK BEAUTY® SURE/CUTTM product line aims to provide better value, environmental advantage to the blasting industry. Hasco Environmental’s BLACK BEAUTY® coal slag abrasive has been a leader in the blasting industry, the company adopted new technology for low dusting and the application includes in the railway services.
- Indian railways are facing problems in railway tracking so the railways maintenance aftersales market through the key players introduced IoT solutions and initiatives. IoT devices like sensors find great application and the maintenance team can use the sensors by mounting them on tracks to monitor the condition.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the railway maintenance machinery aftersales Market making industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the railway maintenance machinery aftersales share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the railway maintenance machinery aftersales market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed railway maintenance machinery aftersales Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Railway Maintenance Machinery Aftersales Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Application Type
Key Market Players
CHINA RAILWAY CONSTRUCTION CORPORATION LIMITED, GEATECH GROUP S.R.L, SINARA GROUP, HARSCO CORPORATION, SYSTEM 7- RAILSUPPORT GmbH, K AND G MACHINERY PTY LTD., MER MEC S.P.A, ROBEL BAHNBAUMASCHINEN GmbH, CORIL HOLDINGS LTD