Rathke's cleft cysts are referred to as benign cystic lesions of the sella that may affect the pituitary gland and on occasion the visual apparatus. These formations are benign and not true tumors. They take the form of a pouch filled with fluid called a cyst. During embryonic development, the Rathke’s pouch forms as a depression in the roof of the mouth. It eventually loses connection to the pharynx and raises the anterior pituitary gland. If it continues and enlarges, it becomes a Rathke’s cleft cyst. These cysts are very small (less than 2mm). It does not produce any noticeable symptoms. These are incidentally discovered on a magnetic resonance image (MRI) or computed tomographic (CT) performed for another reason. The most common symptoms of Rathke’s cleft cyst are diabetes insipidus (more common in women), visual disturbances, milky discharge from the breasts, and headaches.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global Rathke’s Cleft cyst market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Rise in the prevalence of neurological disorder across the globe helps to boost the growth of Rathke’s cleft cyst market.
- Increase in degenerative nerve cells due to lifestyle alterations such as improper sleeping, unhealthy eating habits, and high-stress levels and the growing number of innovations in neurodegenerative disease drug discovery accelerates the market.
- Increase in the prevalence of Rathke’s cleft cyst across the globe acts as one of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- In addition, technological advancements for early diagnosis of these fatal diseases and increase in awareness among consumers regarding diagnosis and treatments influence the market.
- Furthermore, rise in research and development activities to develop novel therapies, increase in healthcare expenditure, and improving healthcare infrastructure positively affect the Rathke’s cleft cyst market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
In June 2021, ProMIS Neurosciences, Inc. focused on the discovery and development of antibody therapeutics targeting toxic oligomers implicated in the development of neurodegenerative diseases.
In December 2019, Eli Lilly and Company launched TRIUMPH, a long-term, real-world evidence study of Emgality (galcanezumab-gnlm). It is the preventive treatment for migraine.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Rathke’s Cleft cyst market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Rathke’s Cleft Cyst Market Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the Rathke’s Cleft cyst market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Rathke’s Cleft cyst market?
- What is Rathke’s cleft cyst market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the Rathke’s Cleft cyst market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the Rathke’s Cleft cyst market report?
Rathke’s Cleft Cyst Market Report Highlights
By Disease Indication
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc., F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Sanofi, Novartis AG, Biogen, Merck Sharp and Dohme Corp., Orion Corporation., UCB S.A.